What are folks thinking about Paul Johnson these days?

Actually both teams are having trouble selling their ticket allotments.

source?

they aren't sold out yet and they might not 32,000 is a ---- ton of tickets for a road trip. but i gurantee the ratio to orange vs. red is going to be more than 1:1.

Ps UT has lost 5 in a row in Atlanta and at least 4 in a row to the ACC.

It's funny to me the stuff people consider when thinking about odds. Maybe people who think about odds know something I don't, but I just don't see how this stuff matters. Tennessee has only played two ACC teams in the past 8 seasons. 2010 lost to UNC in double OT in the Country and Western Music Bowl and 2009 lost to VPI in the ChickenBigot Bowl, which UT had no business playing in anyway at 6-6. Before that the last games v ACC were in 2003.

It's funny to me the stuff people consider when thinking about odds. Maybe people who think about odds know something I don't, but I just don't see how this stuff matters. Tennessee has only played two ACC teams in the past 8 seasons. 2010 lost to UNC in double OT in the Country and Western Music Bowl and 2009 lost to VPI in the ChickenBigot Bowl, which UT had no business playing in anyway at 6-6. Before that the last games v ACC were in 2003.

yeah, UT got hosed vs. Carolina. there was some weird clock thing at the end.

yeah, UT got hosed vs. Carolina. there was some weird clock thing at the end.

That was a rare case of a team getting hosed by the rulebook and not by the refs. Refs did exactly as they should in that game given the circumstances and rules at the time. It's why that offseason saw the addition of 5 sec runoff on offensive penalties with some small time left (don't remember how much).

Doesn't have any bearing. Just a fun fact.

In all seriousness.. Look at UT transferring to the 3-4 and starting with a poor defense to begin with. Bray has not been the same since his injury. We have not seen Justin Hunter since his injury. UTs run game was non existent last year.

Ncsu has a senior QB and a senior laden offensive line. They have a decent d line and a good to great secondary with a badass cb in amerson.

The pack have a legit team this year.

Doesn't have any bearing. Just a fun fact.

In all seriousness.. Look at UT transferring to the 3-4 and starting with a poor defense to begin with. Bray has not been the same since his injury. We have not seen Justin Hunter since his injury. UTs run game was non existent last year.

Ncsu has a senior QB and a senior laden offensive line. They have a decent d line and a good to great secondary with a badass cb in amerson.

The pack have a legit team this year.

So what are vols fans saying on their "How's everyone feel about Dooloey these days" thread?

Dunno how you could drop the ball like that after everything Kiffin left you. At least HE never lost to Georgia.

Ps UT has lost 5 in a row in Atlanta and at least 4 in a row to the ACC.

Yeah, State over UT isn't a huge stretch. A lot of the other predictions of impending SEC doom were much bigger stretches, though, and even if they did matriculate it won't matter a lick if the ACC can't handle our business on Thanksgiving weekend.

seriously doubt it.

there is a reason CPJ isn't coaching in the SEC. there is a reason that a big time program hasn't adopted this offense even after seeing it win a title.
you act like he invented it? not so fast, my friend!

want to make a long term wager? $100 cpj never HC in the SEC. wager valid until he retires or death.

Two words: Emory Bellard

How long (if ever) will it take until CPJ concedes it is just too difficult at Georgia Tech? I suspect he is as disappointed as I am over how things have turned out after 2009. I think he is going to put everything he's got into being successful this year and next--but if we are still 8-5 or less, losing to Georgia and going to the Crappola Bowl in Tickclaw, then what will happen? I don't see CPJ relishing the permanent role of "L'il Brother" in the state of Georgia and Coastal Division.

P.J. has two years left then he's gone. He can't beat UGA. At this point, I'd take back Gailey or O'Leary. I like the T.O. when it's working but if a good team has enough time, they pretty much own us.

Our bowl record is ridiculously stupid.

images

P.J. has two years left then he's gone. He can't beat UGA. At this point, I'd take back Gailey or O'Leary. I like the T.O. when it's working but if a good team has enough time, they pretty much own us.

No, you are.

After you have been married 4 or 5 times and your wives keep leaving you or you keep leaving them looking for someone younger, do you ever say, "Maybe, its me?"

Back