What are your thoughts on the RR post?

I personally disagree with it. I visit FSU's board occasionally and let me tell you 10mins after Boldin went down that board lit up like a Christmas Tree.

Fans care. Only some fans can make it to the practices. I think this whole "spy" mentality is WAY overrated. Now when you have TAPE of every game for the last 20 years.

His response to let HOLLIS do his job? What is up with that? If HOLLIS could do his job we would not have to depend on BB's so much.

If you want to be BIG TIME you have to promote the product. Stingtalk and the "hive" are the only places promoting this product. You may have the occasional feel good article, but for the most part the media ignores us.

News is News and you cant put a cork in it. Just my 2 cents worth. IMO

Suspect he got a friendly little note from somebody in the GTAA.

If detailed practice reports were posted on rr.com, with all the injury info the GTAA is willing to share, we wouldn't have to rely on posts nor John Hollis (who is not always on the GT job).

As long as CG has open practices, he should assume ANYTHING seen there may be reported on the net.

I have some other thoughts

IS HOLLIS BEING TOLD WHAT TO WRITE BY THE COACHES OR GT STAFF?

If not then what does it matter if we hear from Hollis or one of our members(who are better writers IMO)

If HOLLIS gets to choose what to write why cant a GT FAN come observe and write something?

Maybe HOLLIS put RR up to this b/c he was tired of being scooped and noone reading his columns.

Like I said earlier, on other boards it is a free flow of info. And these schools arent struggling on game day.

if this means we are not going to get practice reports anymore,and I think it does then

If GTT goes to practice or someone else lets schedule a chat (~9pm that night) so we can hear about the secret practice.

Because we know who is in the chatroom. So if anyone wants to share the wealth of knowledge please scedule a chat for us less knowledgable.

I've noticed that GTTerriff has been very discreet in what he reports, which is good. But RR's notion that Hollis is some sort of official censor is silly. Goldtimer's got it: Open practices are open.

What's the point of having these boards if we can't find out things?

If I just wanted to know what Hollis or Person had to say I would only go to AJC/Macon.com.

RR runs a GREAT SITE and I appreciate and respect his opinion on the matter.

Injury reports are harmless IMO. The other teams will find out anyway -- so who does it hurt (npi)? Teams are more worried about installing their packages and settling the 2 deep right now than scheming for GT 7 weeks away. Who knows who will be healthy in the weeks to come???

Plus these are internet message boards and all information should always be taken as half-truth.

Let them report it here!!!

Originally posted by law_bee:
So if anyone wants to share the wealth of knowledge please scedule a chat for us less knowledgable.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Screw the chats -&gt; just post the report HERE on the board.
grin.gif

Originally posted by bellyseries:
I've noticed that GTTerriff has been very discreet in what he reports, which is good. But RR's notion that Hollis is some sort of official censor is silly. Goldtimer's got it: Open practices are open.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GTTERRIF's practice posts have created a buz around the community. MAKES PEOPLE WANT TO GO TO THE GAMES.

Let people be FANS!

Originally posted by kirbee:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by law_bee:
So if anyone wants to share the wealth of knowledge please scedule a chat for us less knowledgable.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Screw the chats -&gt; just post the report HERE on the board.
grin.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I am with you Kirbee, but my experience is people do what RR says. I welcome the posts too, but I will take what I can get.

Good take on things by everyone... I look at it this way...

If Hollis was doing his job, it wouldnt matter what was written ont he boards ... and I cant believe that anyone associated with Tech is filtering his writing etc... if so, then I have to assume they are feeding the venom as well, which they arent ... he writes what he wants, when he wants... which is usually not worth much..

The Hive is RR's board, its not the members board... I can understand his concern, but think its way overboard... if I actually witness an event, I dont need the AJC or anyone to validate it for me.... and, if I witness it, then I think I should be free to express what I witnessed... if CG or anyone thought there would be a problem, I am sure they would close practice to the public....

Today, I am just that much more thankful for StingTalk !!

RR is just being silly as usual...part of his control freak nature. Stingtalk would do well to NOT follow RR on this or anything else.

bash.gif

I detect a distintively selfish attitude regarding
injury information and practice details. I'm not
sure where this sense of entitlement comes from
but I do know that some folks need to balance it
with what is best for the team, players, and their
families.

A player's parent shouldn't read on the Hive or on
Stingtalk that their son was injured. They should
hear it from a reliable source that can deliver
the details accurately and compassionately.

People who post practice reports need to be as
responsible as possible. Master B and GTT are
doing a great job and should be the barometer by
which practice reports are measured.

It's not a good idea to post about injuries on public boards. It's not fair to the players for one. What happens is it turns into a lot of speculation.

When you hang out at practices and really talk to people (coaches, players, coaches parents, and trainers)you can find out a lot of info. It's not good to be putting all that on here. Sorry it's just not. I know we all want to be informed because we care a great deal.

From what I've seen posted about practice reports I'm very concerned in fear they are going to be closed. We don't want that to happen do we?

Like it or not, it's Coach Gailey's call. He's the captain of the ship. He also is not in this alone. These coaches want to do what's right towards the player and their families while preparing them for the field of battle against Vandy.

I've gotten a lot of advice about how and what to post on practices. Been kind of interesting. You know how everyone on these boards can coach better than our coaches? Well, they can write practice reports really well too. LOL
grin.gif

Have talked to people (No, not StingTalkers and Hivers
wink.gif
) about what to post and hope that I've stayed in line.

RR posted that because he knows that's the wishes of the coaches. It's what's best for the team.

What part of his statement don't you understand?

Believe it or not, but injury information is VERY valuable to opposing coaches. We do NOT need to reveal anything that Hollis is not.

Plus as CJ pointed out, PARENTS read the Hive. Would you want to read about your son being injured on an internet message board?

RR actually cares about GT and our football program, unlike the brilliant minds on this board. Learn some respect for our players, parents and the program.

Originally posted by Beeski:

RR actually cares about GT and our football program, unlike the brilliant minds on this board. Learn some respect for our players, parents and the program.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What's the matter? Don't like this board? Then go somewhere else.

I don't see a problem with telling more information in chats as long as someone doesn't copy and post the chats on boards.

Like to chat honestly for that very reason. Lately I've pretty busy when home because I've spent too much time going to practices and bds. LOL It's ok though. I'm juiced about the season.

In chats I'll be glad to tell more than what I tell on the board. We just don't need to be discussing some info here.

Very difficult to just give out information. When you trip to practices, write reports, answer emails regarding practice, and talk to friends It not easy to just come into a chat give/tell what info people want to hear. Ask Jacketfan and some others. It's much easier for me to answer questions in chats for me. Think it's a good idea for us to do this. It's fun and informative. Just dont' feel some info should be posted on the board.

Beeski.

I agree with a lot of your statement, but there is no need to generalize this board because of somethings a few posted.

This board is not a place to bash the hive. Obviously wasn't intented as such. Some people have used it to vent about their frustrations. I don't like it either, but to blast and make generalized statements about StingTalk isn't right either.

Totally agree with you on respect for players, their families, and the program. You're dead on!

Originally posted by Beeski:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beeski,

Who in hell do you think you are? You use your ONE AND ONLY post to come on this site and trash the members.
It appears to me that ALL the members on this site care about the player, coaches, and the program or they would not be here.
You need to keep letting HOLLIS do your thinking for you.

Do you think there is something out there that opposing coaches do not know? When you make a statement like that it show where your head is.

I am sure that Bobby Bowden is picking up the AJC to find out what is going on at GT.

Do you believe that?

Dont waste your time coming over here and trashing the members it will not be well received.

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
I detect a distintively selfish attitude regarding
injury information and practice details. I'm not
sure where this sense of entitlement comes from
but I do know that some folks need to balance it
with what is best for the team, players, and their
families.

A player's parent shouldn't read on the Hive or on
Stingtalk that their son was injured. They should
hear it from a reliable source that can deliver
the details accurately and compassionately.

People who post practice reports need to be as
responsible as possible. Master B and GTT are
doing a great job and should be the barometer by
which practice reports are measured.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">CJ, I know where you're coming from and I respect your opinion. I certainly agree with you about Master b and GTT.

However, I disagree with you (and several others) on one point. As the father of seven, mine and steps- who are just like mine- if one of my kids gets hurt, I want to know about it NOW. I don't care if it's by phone, a cop at the door, over the net, on a message board, carrier pigeon or what , I want to know about it ASAP.

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
It's not a good idea to post about injuries on public boards. It's not fair to the players for one. What happens is it turns into a lot of speculation.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bingo! What the coaching staff hears is chatter.
And chatter will make them nervous to a degree and they may very well decide to take action, ie., closing practice. I think the chatter aspect is unavoidable, especially as long as you have these boards available theres going to be a lot of it one way or the other. Just wait til the season gets going and maybe something bad happens (heaven forbid) theres going to be lots of "dialogue" on these boards which in turn can be interpreted as "they're all in a quandry" "things going downhill" etc. and as others have mentioned, particularly students or family being exposed to rampant diatribes and speculations about everythng from a - z. I appreciate the concern I just don't think theres really much you can do about it...other than maybe asking folks to be more discrete or maybe closing practice..IMHO
grin.gif

Back