What bowl will we go to. Tire, Tangarine, Seattle, or no bowl?

jescho

Varsity Lurker
As much as the FSU loss hurts, I don't think it had much effect on our bowl destination. The highest we can aspire to is the Tangerine and that is still obtainable - we just need alot of help, really the same help we needed before the FSU game. These must happen:

1. Beat Duke, beat UGA

2. Virginia must lose to NC State, Maryland, & Virginia Tech. This will leave them 6-7 and inelligible.

3. Clemson must lose to Maryland and South Carolina. A win over USC will leave them 7-5. I have read that the Tangerine Bowl Committee is hot for Clemson. So I interpret that mean that even if we are 8-4 Clemson would be selected over us. So the USC game is critical. I'd hate to root for SEC over ACC, but this does indeed help us tremendously.

If all this falls into place it looks like we may have another rematch bowl, Nebraska is showing up on many bowl projections for the Tangerine. How awesome would that be.

But if things don't work out and we don't get the 1990 Citrus Bowl rematch, we can look forward to another bowl rematch: West Virginia in the Continental Bowl. Still a great game, their running offense and our rushing defense would be a great match-up.

However, I think we can get to the Tangerine and another shot at the Huskers.

New projections on collegefootballnews
has us playing in the Seattle Bowl against New Mexico.

Could Bilbo finally get playing time in this one?

I would rather go to the Continental Tire Bowl than the Tangerine.

The Tangerine is 2 days before Christmas and I don't think we'd show up as well as a bowl that is 3 days after Xmas and 3 hours away from Atlanta.

GT will NOT go to the Seattle Bowl this yr. If Tech had beaten FSU, the Tangerine was a lock. Now the Tangerine must see how GT & Clem plays out & weigh the record & momentum with Clem now holding the edge. The Continental will take the one that's left, probably GT. If Vir is eligible, they go to Seattle. If Vir is not, then WF goes to Seattle.
Orange-FSU, Gator-Maryland, Peach-NC St, Tangerine-Clem, Charlotte-Ga Tech, Seattle-Vir/WF

I would like to hear some predictions. I ma hoping the tangarine

Back