What games will we win?

interesting to see how the poll is coming along. Not many giving us a W against FSU. I actually think we will have the best chance (maybe since the charlie ward game) we have had in a long time of beating fsu.

I think the big danger games will be NC and NCST. Both of those games could be potential let down games.

I still say there is much opportunity with this schedule.

I went with 9-3, with losses at Clem&sons, UNC, and against F$U.

I don't think Clem will end up fielding a great team, but for some reason I don't have a good feeling about that one. We tend to struggle in Chapel Hill, and F$U will be back.

9-3 is good, but not great. To be somewhat disappointed with 9 wins sounds interesting given the not-too-distant past of Tech football hoping for a winning season and a bowl game!

GO JACKETS!

I picked like Ahso, loss only to FSU, but Aiken Jacket is probabably right: some other ACC club could bite us. lawbee, LAST year was the year for us to beat FSU, IMHO, right point in the schedule (originally), new QB for them, etc.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
I picked like Ahso, loss only to FSU, but Aiken Jacket is probabably right: some other ACC club could bite us. lawbee, LAST year was the year for us to beat FSU, IMHO, right point in the schedule (originally), new QB for them, etc.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Belli,

Fsu is not the team it once was. It was not the young QB's fought that NCST ran over them at home.

I think they have some serious coaching issues.

They will lose to U of miami, UF, and one ACC foe. I hope it is us.

Bellyseries, I hate to tell you, but I picked us to beat FSU. My statement was, "I picked us to win over every team except one and it was not FSU".

The exception was not FSU, it was Maryland at Maryland.

wink.gif

It would be extremely difficult to go undefeated, but I voted a win over every opponent except one, and it was not Florida State.

Last year, I saw too many weaknesses, this year, I see a lot of strengths. My forecast for this year may contain more hope than logic. Normally, I use logic, but this year I have leaned more toward hope.

wink.gif

You may be right about FSU, law, but I'm not betting on any ACC clubs to beat them.

Ahso, we got Maryland, there, here or anywhere! Clemson is more dangerous to us, IMHO.

rolleyes.gif

Vandy!! Vandy!! Vandy!!

It's fun for us fans to speculate on all this. I'm focusing myself on beating Vandy. Around first of Aug. the freshman will report. The next week the rest of the team. Two-a-days will be in full gear. In just over a month things will really be hopping with GT Football.

On the speculation; Have read several talk about the verdict isn't out on Maryland just yet. I totally agree, but think that's a power house ready to happen in the future. What Ralph did his first year was awesome, but people don't seem to realize what a mature football team he inherited. Sometimes it's not all talent. Maturity and experience always play a key role. That's one reason Ralph was successful. He also put together what I think is an exceptional coaching staff.

I don't see Maryland being the team they were last year. They played and coached their hearts out up there. They haven't got the base to do it year after year, YET. The ball has to bounce your way sometimes to win.

Despite what people think, there really aren't any cupcakes in the ACC. If you think Duke is so bad, ask Joe Hamilton? We needed a Joe finish and a mistake by Duke late to beat them in our own house. Yes, they've gotten beaten time and time again recently. They will prepare and beat an unprepared team sooner or later. It could be anyone. We aren't good enough to just show up.

Wake will be interesting this year. Their offensive attack was hard to prepare for last year. Coaches have had the off season to study tape. Expect to see production to go down some. I really like what their coaching staff is doing though.

Clemson this and Clemson that. How did they beat us last year? GRRRRRRRRRRR!! Mercy, what a nightmare. The finish the year before!! But, honestly GT made that game close with mistakes!! One of the better defensive games from us I've seen in a long time. Ted was prepared that game! I don't think Clemson has the talent this year that they had the previous two. I think they are over rated, BUT playing in there house is tough.

The key to our success is in the trenches I believe.

First game: Play smart, keep mistakes to minimum, and play with confidence.

I'm already looking forward to taking in some practices if they are open. Was told that they will have to close a number of practices. This made me to believe that some would not be open.

Wonder how the guys are doing in summer work outs and in the weight room.

Wonder if they will show off phase 1 of newly remodeled BDS for fan day?

23% or 5 people say we lose to ugag?

I am going to need therapy if we lose to them again

F14-07.gif

I'm looking for a 9-3 season possibly could go 8-4 but we are better than the so called experts are suggesting (an expert is a drip under pressure).

thefinger.gif

I say 8-4

I'm not saying they have the better team but Clemson and Maryland worry me

we just can't beat FSU

gonna be hard to beat UGA in Athens this year
pat.gif

8 people have us losing to MD?

I look for this team to be pumped for that game especially after last year.

I will be very surprised if we lose that game.

Law, I noticed that. Fridge fever has caught with a lot of Jacket fans.

I have great respect for Fridge. He's won everywhere he's been.

They had the right peaces to the puzzle last year. I was concerned about that Terp team before Fridge took the helm. They were a very mature experienced football team especially in key areas. Fridge didn't take over an empty house. He did a great job with those players he had. We did them a favor as well. THey were completely outmanned by us, COMPLETELY, but yet we let that one slip away late to give them the momentum. There is a fine line between winning and lossing. I don't see that Maryland team having the peaces it had last year. Yes, they will be prepared, but that one could get ugly even in Maryland. Jackets roll big!! That's what I'm predicting.

We need to take care of business AUG 31 first ;-)

I picked us 9-3, losing to UNC, FSU and UGAg.

The UNC is kind of a token for the one we lose that we shouldn't really lose but do anyway most years.

We will shock Clem on the road (again) and will pay back the Fridge on the road.

We will play UGAg tough on the road but lose, prior to beginning a SIAR string against them. After all, Richt is leaving them in a lurch to return to FSU after next year, after BB retires due to medical reasons.

Vandy will play us tough, first game, new coach, new QB, etc. We will be hitting all cylinders by the time BYU hits town and the defense will be dominating by then...

moving this up so the new people can vote in the poll

10 people have us losing to Clem's son. That is a huge game. Clem's son is one of our tough recruiting competitors.

We need that win!

We better win at Clempson, or GT will be doomed. Arrrrrrg! "Fan of BD" stole my avatar.
pat.gif

Back