What happened to ACE?

Father WASP

Flats Noob
I was really impressed with Ace and his ability to get around people as well as get the extra yardage upon contact. Then, he made one mistake - not lowering his shoulders vs. NC State on the goal. I acknowledge that Clinkscale has earned the TB slot, but I thought we could cause some problems by bringing in a fresh set of legs and altering the pace. Clinkscale adds the quickness after they aren't used to. But, my question is, why has Ace not gotten any carries? This one falls in the bucket of Darius gone missing. Ace's gimp ankle was over weeks ago I thought. We need him for this game.

Ace was visibly hurt vs. NC State - It clearly affected the way he was playing. Before the goalline stand there was a toss sweep where he was run down from behind by a defensive tackle. His speed and power were reduced due to the injury - IMO, PJ should've been in on the goalline situations.

We've also gone to the spread more. That's Clinkscale and PJ's thing. Ace is more of an I back. Coach Gailey has discussed this numerous times. He has had the injury as well.

a high ankle sprain is his injury...hopefully he can come back strong on Nov. 30th.

Back