What happened to ACE ?

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
He looked great vs UNC....
And after that virtually disappeared.
I realize he has some sort of ankle sprain(?)
but geezzz - that UNC gane was in mid-season. Was his ankle that bad ?

Plus, I read earlier today (COULD be rumor) that
PJ would start in the bowl game....

I don't understand this....Plus, did he get more than one carry in the UGA game ? Nor did Isee him much in the preceeding games...If true (certianly he didn't get many carries as I recall)what gives ? I was REAL impressed vs UNC, with his strength and relative speed and vision. Reminded me of Dorsey Levins...

Does he not know the playbook either ?

Chan has stated on his show and at his lunch gatherings that while Ace was injured, the offense evolved into more of a spread type of offense b/c AJ was more comfortable when he was able to survey the entire field. Clinckscale fit that role better than Ace since he's more of a scat back and Ace is a power back. I wouldn't be surprised to see PJ get the SVC start since he is somewhere in the middle in regards to running style. However, I'd like to see Ace get some carries too.

How many games did Ace play? If the ankle is bad enough to keep him out the rest of the year, will he still have four years to play?

Could this enter into any of the reasons he is not playing?

confused.gif

Ace played after BYU which was the cutoff for redshirts. To the best of my feable knowledge, he has 3 years left. I guess he can redshirted in the future, but hopefully, he'll be in the mix then.

Back