what happened to Cellini?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
I know they replaced him w/ the other guy but "what happened?"

did they fire him or what?

doe anybody know?

He was let go a couple of weeks ago. 680 The Fan beat them in the Arbitron Ratings this last time for that time slot. They decided to go with one of the other guys that has more college football knowledge.

There was a small thing in the paper last week that he said he was being paid through July and there were no ill feelings.

My personal opinion...
I thought Cellini and Dimino were perfect together... there's no reason to have 2 more folks with Dimino... Oliver is pretty good but the third guy is lame at best... and now the mid morning show with just the one guy stinks to high heaven... mean while twiddle-dee, twiddle-dum and his other brother twiddle-dummer in the morning are only on 'cause two of 'em own the station... the next time they present some clear analysis will be a stroke of luck or else they're plagerizing (sic)... 2 Stews are growing on me and I think they'll do well in the long run...

The report was that Nick wanted to get back into TV rather than radio. Not sure if true or not. Chris seemed lukewarm when the new show premiered so it didn't seem like he was big on the change.

I think 790 is on the ropes. Not that they won't come back, but they are hurting. Due to good dumb luck timing, 680 put on OReilly in the early afternoon just before the war. 790 countered with the ultra urban 2 live stu's that turned off a large portion of the audience, and made it that much easier to flip to O'Reilly.

Throwing out Chelini did it for me. I now have it back on 96 rock. I will never listen to Buck Belue.

Cellini was always marginal & dragged down Dimino who is knowledgable & a good interviewer... They talked about girls with the silliness & guilt that only 2 catholic boys can...

Now let someone who really knows explain. Their (Cellini, Domino) numbers led that slot, but were flat. Mgmt wanted, even though they were on top, to take it to the next level. They wanted to add some spark to the show, thus Oliver and Cotter. As for you casbah62, the lame guy is Chris Cotter and he is a Tech grad and a fraternity brother of mine. He stands up to Mike Bell who incessantly blasts Tech. Cellini, because of their winning time slot, wanted more coin and the station said no to the raise and let him go. They weren't going to let Domino go as baseball purists love him. As Scotty would say they wanted to "shake it up."

GTechsta, I know Cotter is GT, but, man, he is so lame! I have heard him on other shows, weekends mainly, and he is pretty good, especially when he is either by himself or with ONE other. He is too silly for the afternoon show. As a matter of fact, I think the afternoon show S--KS, anyway. 790 made a huge boo-boo.

Chuck Oliver was quite good with Chernoff from 10-1. I cannot listen to the 2 Stews.

It seems like the management has decided to cater to the very young and immature.

IMO, Dimino and Cellini were better from 3-7 than what they have now.

I liked watching Ryan Stewart play.

But the "2Live Stu's talk too loud.

Would rather get some Clark Howard advice.

Personally, I think Cotter is outstanding. I've always enjoyed listening to him. IMHO, the current afternoon drive show with Dimino, Oliver, and Cotter is the best in Atlanta Sports Radio History.

BeeBad is down with the 2LiveStews..

Back