What is going on????

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
My worst nightmare just came true! BWAAAAhhhh. How can we afford to let Kelly and LT go at this point? What is going on? This is just what I was afraid of when CG referred to us as the "University". Ohhhh, I am sorry to slam that comment, but I am so worried about his grasp of college ball. It will be OK in long run, I hope, but how can we fire those who are such hot commodities? Glad to see Mac knows what it is all about.
pat.gif
mad.gif
pat.gif
mad.gif

You can't be serious about the "University" issue. We should try to correct the media as much as possible, but half the students don't know the difference. Have we forgotten about Marbury? I'm sure someone will point out the mistake to Gailey.

I can't wait to see who Gailey brings into the staff. Seems like players and coaches love the guy. With him being a Georgia native, he may have some local recruiting coordinators in mind. The guy hasn't been head coach for 2 whole days yet, lets not panic yet.

And lets remember that if we win, the recruits will come.

Gailey is in a tough position right now... the team looked great in Seattle, gave tremendous support for Mac, and sentiments for the others are running high... I hope Gailey makes whatever changes he deems appropriate, I actually think the change will be good.... We just better win!! (I think he understands that... )

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bizzybee:
My worst nightmare just came true! BWAAAAhhhh. How can we afford to let Kelly and LT go at this point? What is going on? This is just what I was afraid of when CG referred to us as the "University". Ohhhh, I am sorry to slam that comment, but I am so worried about his grasp of college ball. It will be OK in long run, I hope, but how can we fire those who are such hot commodities? Glad to see Mac knows what it is all about.
pat.gif
mad.gif
pat.gif
mad.gif
<hr></blockquote>

Bizzy,

there are MANY great coaches and recruiters. Everyone here knew that D. Kelley was great and we are all sad to see him go, but it just was not in the cards. We have to trust the man we hired to do the job. I think by this time next year you will know that this hire by DB was even better than the Hewitt hire.

Think about how you felt after the Hewitt hire? This will all work out.

I will say this about D. Kelley. He was responsible for our Lousianna connection and with Sabin going to the BCS that may have knocked us out of the box.

It looks like CG is going to try to go toe to toe with UGA and take more of this UGA talent. If that works I think everyone will be happy with the result.

Just seeing if y'all were awake! Just kiddin'. I posted last night right after news came out and I have gotten over it now. Everything that seems sad and unfair at the time usually ends up for the best. I know CG knows football and that he can coach. The rest we don't know yet. Appreciate everyone getting me off my emotional attachment to those guys - I have faith it will all be good in the end.

BTW, aren't we happy that the players had such a marvelous experience in Sea. to end the season. If not for that, they would have been sorta gloomy. Hope they feel really good about themselves and come into spring practice with a lot of enthusiasm!....still sorry bout Mac&Kelly, tho.
bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif

Does anyone know if Chan is going to keep Butch Brooks on staff? He has been a real key to our success in recruiting in the State of Georgia.

"It looks like CG is going to try to go toe to toe with UGA and take more of this UGA talent. If that works I think everyone will be happy with the result."

No Kidding!! GOL showed that Tech can recruit. We've got some great upsides: Atlanta, prestigious degree, football tradition up there with ND, Alabama, Oklahoma. I see no reason why Tech can't be the premier program in the state, like in the 50's.

I was surprised as well, seemed like we could get creative with Mac and Kelly, wonder when he is going to get the replacement coaches on campus to do the recruiting while he coaches the Dolphins

I think we will know who the new coaches are in the next couple of days.

If it does not come out in the next day or two then I would believe CG is having a hard time finding the people that he wants.

I can live with CG working in Miami, but I would feel easier if I knew someone was minding the fort back home.

I know billy and spence are capable but can they do the job of 7 people.

willie and law, my feelings exactly. Already rumors about CG being turned down by one. Minding the fort is a good expression, willie, and that sums up what we have been trying to put into words for days!

BTW, go to Hive about 1.5M payout posted tonight. Interesting.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

This is just my opinion, I want no arguments with fellow Tech fans.

I think that the reason that people began to cheer for coach Mac and pull for him in the HC job
was because it was the only game he has coached at Tech, and he won. How would people have reacted if we lost. They would have called it a mistake and refuted MMW from any kind of coaching Job. My point is, you cant say that a man would lead our team to good season based upon one game. DB and the others had the interviews and alot more information to judge by than us. I personally wouldn't have minded seeing Mac in the HC spot, however, whatever decision Braine makes is the one that he sees fit for all purposes. And the little things that people come up with all the
time on why Chan may be a bad choice, he has taken 99.9% of it into consideration. So, don't judge CG by his recruiting, first game, second game, third game, and so on, don't judge him entirley until after his first season.
I need a Coke.
drinking.gif

Back