What is national recruiting?

GTnut

Varsity Lurker
This year we have verbals from recruits in 4 states, last year 6 or 7 and the previous 3 years 8 or 9 per year.
Is national recruiting the # of out of state recruits from whom we get verbals; not sure I understand. "Wuz" we always doing national recruiting?
What's the odds we get verbals from kids in states other than the current 4? (care to tell which state(s) if any?

GTNut, national rec. is recruiting kids from outside the South. A national reccruit is a kid that is being recruited by schools outside the South.

Techrod, apparently you took my question seriously. I was trying to point out that for the last 4 years, we have recruited nationally, At least based on # of states, even more so than this year. Last year this staff, arriving way late brought in kids from 6 or 7 states.
I have just been surprised that no recruits from the northeast, esp NY, NJ or Penn are showing up.
And, I don't think we have even had 1 kid from Cal on our list.
Do you think we will bring in anyone from a state other than the ones already identified.

Gtnut, there is a big ol. from Wisconson that I sure do want! By the way Texas ,Florida, and Georgia are 3 of the best recruiting states there are.

Agree, if the OL you refer to is Joe Thomas. (by the way, isn't he the one who called us?)
Also, one of Tidwell-Neal's former teammates in Plymoth, MN is rated one of the top OL in the country and he never made our list.

Back