What is the ruckus about, anyway?

tigger101023

Varsity Lurker
I don't see how people can be concerned over whether the coaching staff made the right decision or not. The point of whether DBo could make a great QB if coached differently is irrelevant. He's here and if the coaches *here* can't do it, then he needs to be moved (like he was). Then he can decide for himself what to do. Besides, Ball has the same darn QB coach and look at him!

I imagine that things could have been handled better, but the coaches aren't doing anything wrong by moving who they think is the best into the #1 spot.

Others say the coaches screwed Bilbo. I say circumstances screwed Bilbo. He's not proving himself to be the best guy for the job - whether it's his own lack of vision or the coaching not meshing with his needs, we may never know. We do know that he was handed the job, it was his to lose, and he did.

Maybe I'm over-simplifying, but I'm just not that worked up over it. I'm excited that people are making decisions, taking control, and doing what they think is right.

You see TUBA..It doesnt matter with these few that have their agenda..You just watch NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS from here on out THEY WILL blame GAILEY for EVERYTHING and give him NO credit for all the good he does...They and her are on a MISSION to discredit him at EVERY turn...Period...They are hoping that we have a bad year..Thy DONT want Chan to succeed...

Originally posted by GT tuba-dammitt:
Besides, Ball has the same darn QB coach and look at him!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GT tuba, this looks like actual logic applied to empirical facts!! What the hell are you doing making comments on coaching!!?

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
You see TUBA..It doesnt matter with these few that have their agenda..You just watch NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS from here on out THEY WILL blame GAILEY for EVERYTHING and give him NO credit for all the good he does...They and her are on a MISSION to discredit him at EVERY turn...Period...They are hoping that we have a bad year..Thy DONT want Chan to succeed...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">To some of us die-hard 'Jacket fans, it's not that we don't want Chan to be successful. It's that we don't think he will successfully guide our football program. Time will tell,...but the truth is, in major college football today, it's a slippery slope when/if things start going south. Can't wait too long to make a change if current regime doesn't win.

GATA JACKETS!!!

I agree Tuba...let the coaches make the decisions. They are making these moves with the idea that it will help us win.
Everyone has been so damn mad since the 51-7 disaster they feel they must bash the coaching staff. I am not going to worry about any of it. I am going to drink my Jack or rum and cheer at the stadium or at the TV. If something bad happens then I will just kick my neighbor's dog.

Price Memorial Gold

Driver8 you answered in a civil tone..And i ask you though..Can you really say that after ONLY 1 year on the job and Gailey went 7-6 at that, which is better than most of his predecessors??? so think that through and honestly tell us that this is the case with you OR you just dont like the guy ? Maybe you dont like his politics or his faith ? But honestly tell us Why didnt we run off George Oleary when he lost to UGA his 1st 4 Trys ? Or Bobby Dodd who got whupped by UGA his 1st 2 trys ? Or Bobby Ross who went 2-9 his 1st year and not much better his 2nd year? Is this something personal with you on Gailey??

Driver understand your point but not sure I buy it. Things change pretty quickly in major college football. One good recruiting class, in fact one dominant player and a little luck can totally change things around. MD is doing well now because Fridge is a good coach and he has talent to work with. His predecessor had the players he just didn't do anything with them. At the risk of a "that's what worries me about Chan" response, my point is that if Chan can get a little run going, get some breaks (which were sorely lacking last year) we could be back to '00 levels pretty quick. And if we don't and make a coaching change, we can turn things around pretty quickly then as well. As long as you're not Duke or Vandy things are pretty mobile IMO. What's hard is actually sustaining success, not necessarily attaining it. And we haven't sustained anything IMO since the 60s.

Back