What is to be done?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
I guess there were no boards around seven years ago when O'leary took over, but this seems to be getting ugly (not talking about here). The divisiveness and animosity is pretty strong. I wonder what effect all this is having.

I think something needs to be done SOON. If Braine were to hire TB now with all the negativity that has been posted then I really think there would be some hard feelings.

The bad thing about boards is that you can develop a "lynch mob" mentality. I had a professor once tell me that there is "nothing more democratic than a lynch mob." But the quote that has to follow that up is from Plato who said that the "greatest enemy to democracy is ignorance."

I am concerned about the effect that the boards may be having on the hiring process. I believe that members of the search committee (if not Braine himself) are monitoring the boards. This is not GOOD. The anonymity of the Board allows people to post information that is of a lesser quality then sports bar banter, yet it is being read and digested.

I am starting to question the soundness of Braine's secret hiring process, because it allows blatant speculation that is being circulated in the media.

I wonder if it would not be better to say "hey we are looking at these people."

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE SOON

Great post law_bee .. I agree... hopefully if Braine and others are monitoring the boards, there is a realization that many of the posts are somewhat flippant... especially on the Hive... (thats one of the reasons I like this site much better, the posts seem to have more substance... )
I agree that the wait is long... but I think I feel better, hoping that Braine and others are doing the proper due diligence, and not just bringing someone in for sake of getting it over with... its like I have posted before, if it takes us another week to get the "right" coach... I am OK with that... I just want to see GT moving forward, not maintaining, but moving forward...

Back