what leaves a bad taste in my mouth is.....

law_bee

Dodd-Like
it appears that I was right in my earlier post. Please review if you want to see where I ask how could the NYPost (the second or third largest paper in the world) could get it wrong.

I said then that I thought it was fishy. O'leary pursued the ND job. I suspected as much and now the way it went down. O'leary would have had to be working behind the scenes to get this deal done so swiftly.

O'leary has built our program back to prominence and for that I am greatful. We all make choices in this world and we sometimes we burn bridges behind us.

If O'leary does not succeed at ND (BCS every year and NC every 4 years) then his coaching career will probably end. O'leary had a LIFETIME contract here and was insulated from MUCH of the antics that goes on at ND. I wish him Godspeed and thanks for giving us our program back.

I suspect that this does not come as a big surprise to Braine. I am pretty sure he wanted his on guy. If you heard Braine on 790 a few days ago he was so upbeat. He talked about that the atheletic board may not enforce the 1.5 mil buyout and he said he had a list of candidates.

I dont know maybe Braine feels we underperformed this year too. Braine did such a good job with the Hewett hire that I am not going to second guess him. O'leary was the top 15 paid coach in the country, and we are loaded with talent. This is a great opportunity and I imagine candidates will view it as such.

As I have said earlier if we would have lost to Ugag next year, alot of people would have wanted this to happen. I am very happy to have had Big Bee and he has built our program back to a level of prominence. Now we need SOMEONE to take us to the next level.

The Next Level -
That's where we need to go. I, for one, like O'Leary and wanted him to stay. At the same time, I felt that he had done all he could do and would probably never get us to that elusive next level. Let's get the Fridge somehow. I know it probably won't happen, but we should at least try. He's the best coach out there that understands Tech.

Back