What realistic hire would really excite you

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
When we fired Chan, PJ was my top choice. Not too many folks out there that would get me fired up today, but the Pirate would. Put your responses of people you think are realistic candidates and then I’ll make a poll and allow 3 choices for everyone and we’ll what StinGTalk says.

Or, someone with better math and data skills can do it :bigthumbup:

And also, dang it sucks PJ is leaving. I think it was JJacket that said it best: it’s like losing a part of the family.

I’ll add to the list and make the poll in a day or so. I’m really interested in the top 3 choices of ST. The ones I have so far:

Leach
Satterfield
Briles
Monken
Venables
Whisenhunt
Kiffin
Neal Brown
Tony Elliot
Mel Tucker
Dana Holgerson
Austin Peay Coach Will Healy
Chris Hatcher
Major Applewhite
Godsey
Strong

Last edited:
Spurrier. Gonna be lonely without the faux Dos Equis rivalry with Les

Because he can teach us to become insurgents

20181128_195128.jpg

Exciting: Venabals
Realistic: Modken/Satterfield/Mike Houston (in that order but grouped because they’re all...eh...)

I’m warming up to Elliott as a hire.

I also don’t completely hate the thought of Rich Rod for some reason. Just a weird hunch there and nothing more. Kingsbury would also be interesting.

Would be pissed if we hire Monken, Niumatalolo, Bohannon, etc. We just had the king of that offense and it wasn’t getting it done.

Dream hire is Venables.

Kiffin would be interesting at the least.

I’m meh on Leach.

An interesting note- multiple uga fans with connections have mentioned concern of us looking at their DC Mel Tucker.

I am off the Lane train and onto the Pirate Ship.

Neal Brown is my 2nd choice

Last edited:
I'm thinking Stansbury is going to test the notion that the recruiting problem at Tech is structural rather than the product of having sticks-in-the-mud like Johnson and Gailey as coach.

With that in mind, I think we might look at an uber recruiter like Dell McGee as head coach and hope he can bring competent coordinators on board.

Back