What the **** happened????

GTg8r

Varsity Lurker
I'm pulling this from Ahso's post below:

Many present day fans are satisfied with just a winning season and beating UGA every once in a while. Not so with us older fans. We owned UGA and had a winning advantage on them until Dooley arrived there. We were accustomed to losing very few games, winning most bowl games, and being in the top 20 most of the time.

Most of those older fans and many of the football players from that era do not like to lose at all. Many of the fans and ex-players from that era have become well entrenched in the business world and are huge contributors to Tech football.

We won many more championships and games when we were in the SEC than in the ACC."

Someone please educate me why the 70's/80's happened? Why did we not updgrade the locker rooms? The weight room? Why was Hesiman Gym not converted to an indoor practice facility?
If the above attitude was prevalent among "big money", then why did they let it get so bad?

I've heard a fear of the Russians catching the US. I've heard pro football.
Why did Tech stop caring about football???

Please educate me.

Unfortunatly, I think it all goes back to Dodd. First, he pulls us out of the SEC destroying all of our traditional rivals and depriving us of recruits. If you look objectively at the results, this has to be the worse decision ever made by an AD, I can't believe there wasn't some board of governors or something in place that would of stopped this. Secondly, he makes one poor coaching hire after another. Finally, he gives up on the program and lets our facilities deteriorate to the level of a div 2 program. The pro sports and everything else may of been a factor but to me it comes back to Dodd and all of the horrible decisions that he made. It is painful for me to post and others to admit but the mad who built this program also destroyed it.

Back