What Was The Announced Attendance Today?

50,000???? After reading a previous post about the empty lower east stands I thought we barely broke 40,000. 50k is not bad.
South Georgia Jacket

50K probably the tickets sold, certainly looked short of that at the game...

Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
50K probably the tickets sold, certainly looked short of that at the game...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Upper North was about 70% empty. Guess the NC State fans don't travel well.

Could not see the lower east and Dave's Folly (club seats) from my vantage in the upper east, but the entire west, south, lower north and upper east (as always) were packed in. Good to see the students out in force for this game packing in the south stands.

As someone posted before the upper north was 70% empty.

50,000 were there however. Despite the empty seats, Ithought it was a GREAT crowd for an expanded stadium whose last game was a 39-3 loss to Clemson.

What is the new capacity?
I was thinking that the upper North was empty because the game was still early and people were still coming in (I watched on TV). But the upper North never filled in?

50,000 plus...It was announced at some point in the game. The first post sounds correct. Great win guys! Ball is something special...he is gonna be HUGE in this leauge!

Originally posted by lowtech:
What is the new capacity?
I was thinking that the upper North was empty because the game was still early and people were still coming in (I watched on TV). But the upper North never filled in?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The new capacity is about 55,000

"If no one was in attendance today, and we won the game, that would be fine with me!!"

HOWEVER - The attendance announcement today at the the game - there were not 50,000 people at that game - way too many open seats. The stadium holds 55,000 now - the lower East Stands and the North End Stands were too empty to reach the number announced.

Don't know why our Administration in the GTAA has to present inaccurate figures? This is Georgia Tech, and "numbers are what we are all about". Carnival Creatons or a Trade Show Promoters push inflated attendance numbers to fool their audiences. We don't need to be misled - cause we can see for ourselves at the games - and we should demand accuracy, not BS.

The tickets sold vs. actual attendance are two different animals - and because of the Yellow Seat Fiasco - we have been embarrassed at the expense of available prime seating for Tech Fans. There is no excuse for how that situation was handled by the GTAA .

We should all just go over and sit in those yellow seats in The Lower East for the hell of it if no one is going to show up. Kind of like the days of old at the Braves Games - get in the door and migrate to a good location. What do you think Dave and his collection of yes men would say then? Just having people in the seats would make him look better - he should be glad that we've filled in the gaps on that side of the field. What do ya' say - Maryland Game - Bob Uecker style - "must be in the front row!!!!"

Back