What will happen

gtmg

Varsity Lurker
1. Gailey will not apologize but should. It would salve alot of wounds for him to take full responsibility. He will not be fired. Remember Braine built a great deal of his reputation for not firing a great coach when he was under pressure and Gailey has too much pride to resign.

2. BOB will leave to coach with GOL at his next stop probably Syracuse and will be hailed as a good coach again.

3. Tenuta will leave for the pros like Chan promised him when he came. Too bad he cannot recruit or we would have the man in house to lead us on. Our defense will return to mediocrity.

4. Recruiting will be poor as we have gotten a late start. In truth we all should be more concerned about that than we are. Our program will slide down hill.

5. Gailey will play Bilbo next year due to outside pressure. Suggs who is a great kid will make a great backup and we will all love him.

6. Next year we are 6-6 and continue to slide down hill. We lose to FSU, UGA, UVA, NCST, Auburn and Clemson. We win the ones we should. Recruting will continue to be weak. Graduation rate goes down as GOL recruits transfer as is typical with a coaching change.

7. In the third year we start off poorly and Chan resigns. It takes us 3 to 4 years to recover and we become estatic when we return to 7-5.

8. Seems like we would get tired of this pattern!

That is why we should have kept the Seattle Bowl staff from last year
They would have hit the ground running in both recruiting and spring practice and in my estimation 10-2 would have been the worst case scenario this year.
It may take a decade to recover from Chan.

The great thng about Captains is they go down with the ship. It appears that the Titanic, and their moron Captain, has set sail.

Beeware you were right and as Jack Nicholson said only so well........

THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!

The truth is GA Tech's fan base has been living a lie for some time now. We used to be a group known to have class. Now we are only known as a bunch of whining Macdaddys who quell at the slightest misfortune.

Originally posted by captainG:
Better ask your wife to hide the razor blades. Good god man, what anti-depressant prescription are you out of? And as for you Beeware, your trite, banal BS about last year's coaches will fit neatly up your ___!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm sorry that this place isn't the utopia that you were hoping for where we all sing Kumbaya and roast marshmallows over a campfire after each game, even if UGAg wins by a margin of 222-0. You might want to try the other board for that.

Maybe you are right. Perhaps I should just shut this computer down for good and just enjoy Tech with my family. The only thing is, I looked at the rest of the Tech fan base as family too. I think that is why it bothers me so to read such fire and brimstone. I love GT football.

Thunder you're right. This place is becoming a board of bashers.

Captain, the post above was really unreal from a negative stand point. Beeware is going to take that and run with it. You knew it's going to happen.

Thunder, good families do tend to get along. Does that mean they agree on everything? No it doesn't in my opinion. As far as asking someone to go to the other board (that was sort of your tone). There seems to be a group over here that's really into this "other board" stuff. Like this board is for one thing and the other board is for something different. Maybe some of us including myself should give some serious thought towards what these boards are really for? What purpose to they hold? What greater good are they about? I don't think that beestorm and gtfan started this board because they wanted to pit one board against another. Nor do I think they had in mind to split the fan base. I really think they had the greater good of GT in mind.

Maybe you are right. Perhaps I should just shut this computer down for good and just enjoy Tech with my family. The only thing is, I looked at the rest of the Tech fan base as family too. I think that is why it bothers me so to read such fire and brimstone. I love GT football.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Captain, I'm with you brother. Honestly. It's tough to read these thing publicly. It's not so bad the opinions in my mind. It's the way it's said really, with so much hatred and venom as far as I'm concerned.

Captain Crunch is cool. If he needs to insult a poster to feel better...so be it. I hope he is writing a letter to Braine discussing his ill "family", as well.
There is plenty of room on this board for everyone, and everyone's opinion. After a game like Saturday's, I'm surprised that there hasn't been a killin or two. 51-7 brings everything to a boil.
BOO

Now we are only known as a bunch of whining Macdaddys who quell at the slightest misfortune.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sixth place ACC and the worst loss in history to ugag a slight misfortune??????? I would call it NOT a million dollars worth of coaching.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">All I'm trying to say is that there's no way that things are always going to be peachy here. I think that's expecting too much from a really diverse group of fans. We're going to deal with situations differently.

I'm not the type of fan who tolerates the recent performance in the slightest bit. Some others are. I don't believe that it makes me any more or less of a fan than someone else here. However, I don't think there's anything wrong with venting, and in the past, you haven't been very tolerant of opinions that don't coincide with yours. Tech was embarassed out of the stadium on Saturday. I would be concerned if the fans here weren't very angry and vocal.

We all want the team to win. That's a given. However, we all have different approaches and ideas to reaching that goal.

Captain G, the fact that people take their time to put their opinion positive or negative on the situation shows their concern and love for GT football. If people didn't care they wouldn't say anything. Lets be glad on both boards that there are alot of people who really care about GT football!!

Yes BeeWare, we would be 5-7 or worse with Mac as head coach.

GTMG nailed it.
Write it down folks and see if it doesn't happen.
Sad but true.In '04 we will be 4-8 and we will start over.

Back