Whatever happened to Mike Lillie?

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
I'd completely forgot about him until I was watching a game from 1997 earlier today and saw him catch a pass. He was a freshman tight end that year, but I don't remember hearing his name after that season. Seems like he was from the northeast. Did he quit the team, transfer, etc?

Mike left Tech and transferred to LSU. He sat out a season but after that I lost track of him. He apparently never made a major impact at LSU. He was a fairly highly tighted Tight End out of Louisiana. He was one of the 10 or so tight ends that Father O'Leary recruited that particular year. By the way, do you remember another tight end named Jeff Papashak?

Go Jackets!

Mike and TE Chris Myers were both suspended for the '98 season (in August) by O'Leary for violations of team rules. Chris Myers' dad reported that Chris had tested positive for Andro, and speculation was the same re: Mike.

Originally posted by Jerry the Jacket:
By the way, do you remember another tight end named Jeff Papashak?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I've remember the name...wasn't he at Tech during the B*** L**** years?

Mike got some good minutes at LSU but was never a starter and neither did he have any impact games.
We recruited Mike from the State of Louisiana where he was a highly rated HS. player.

Back