What's the good word around here?

Ramblin Buzz

Varsity Lurker
What\'s the good word around here?

First post over here for me. Thought I'd say hello and get you folks opinions on the new "Hive" and how it will affect this board and others.

I know there is a thread below that touches on this, but I feel it will be interesting to see how everything evolves. I think there will be a good percentage of folks leave the "new" Hive for various reasons and will look for another major Tech board. It might be this one, might not.

I have enjoyed posting on the Hive for 5 years and will continue to do so, and though it is sad in some ways to see the changes coming, in others maybe it is long over due.

Thoughts??

By the way, hope your answer was and always will be, "To Hell With Georgia!!"

Re: What\'s the good word around here?

A program like Tech deserves more than one board. The Hive is a great board, but it's nice to have this place around as well. Give the new Hive a chance, but we hope you stay around here as well. This place is small but has gotten off the ground pretty well in the last few months.

Welcome aboard Ramblin Buzz. This has been a good board as the posters have been very civil here. We don't all agree, and we sometimes question each other's opinions, but we have respect for each poster on Stingtalk.

I believe one element in the new Hive that will determine its popularity is the design of the reading and posting screens. Both this board and the present Hive have easy reading and posting procedures.

I saw a glimpse of the new Hive postings on a DAsting link and thought it was very clumsy. If that is the format, it might run some over to this board.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I am trying to keep an open mind with the new "hive". I know that RR was overburdened and he had to do something.

We will just have to wait and see. I will probably always read the hive b/c it has views of GT fans and that is what I want to see. I do most of my posting over here b/c it is a more tolerant environment.

Welcome aboard and look forward to reading your views and opinions.

babe.gif

I'm taking a wait and see approach to the "new" Hive.

Do have the opinion that it was time for various reasons mostly RRs well being.
wink.gif

I'm sure there will be things about the new that we don't like. Mostly because we are creatures of habit. The Hive has almost become cultic to some. It's worshipped and adored. He He. Will some of those types not like change? Well, I really don't know, but believe they won't be as happy.

Sometimes change is good!!

I love the Hive for mainly two reason and believe these reason will still be true when the new Hive comes to be. It's a wonderful place for information first and formost. This helps keep us feel close to the program. That's important for serious fan. Another reason is the fact that it's helped with logistics for tailgating home and away. GT fans didn't band together in mass tailgating at away games. Sure there were some groups here and there, but to have a big tailgate party at away games is really great.

This forum is very "comfortable," no one is concerned about if what they are posted is politically correct. I've not seen anyone bashed or corrected harshly here. That does't mean that as it grows that won't start to happen. I've seen encouraging statments from posters here making me believe that it's important that we all respect that we are all fans. Respecting our own is important. Huh?
bigthumbup.gif

Amen GTTerrific! Also let me say that you're one of my favorite posters here AND on the Hive. Living so far away and being a JacketFan since childhood, I relish the chance to hear and "hang out" with other fans. We're a small group compared to all the football factory schools and we NEED to support each other and stick together for the common good...THE JACKETS!!!

bigthumbup.gif

Oh, great, Ramblin Buzz is posting here now as well--there goes the neighborhood.
tongue.gif

We all know the good word. Also, is that "T" big enough for you ___________?

"Zoooooinks, Scoob!! GT98 is here too. Better get back to the Mystery Machine and find the gang, this place gives me the creeps!!"
shocked.gif

Yeah, that "T" was plenty big enough there GT98
wink.gif

In all seriousness, thanks for the welcome folks. And I do think there have been some really valid points about the "new" Hive and its format mentioned in this thread. As pointed out, the Hive is a great place for information and I think RR did a wonderful job, and I'm sure he needs a break.

I look forward to this place growing, along with the new Hive.

Should be a fun day Saturday. Hopefully the weather will be nice, not like last Saturday.

Thanks JacketFan! Appreciate the kind words.

Back