What's The Likelihood Moses Wright Return Another Year?

GTFanatic

Varsity Lurker
or does he have a 5th year of eligibility?

I think he should come back, not just for school or fan's sake, but he could build his resume and statue. I know he was ACC Player of the Year but he didn't finish the year with a bang. Also, he got handled in the tournament.

Thoughts?

GTFanatic

Varsity Lurker
Pretty sure any player can return next year. But I would say he is least likely to return.
You're probably right. He seems to be a great kid, but I think he could use another year. Maybe he will see where he's projected in the draft

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Since the season took place, I am not sure granting the choice of an extra year was necessary or wise. The opportunity given to Seniors to return will rob underclassmen of playing time. The Transfer Portal will only grow larger.

As for our players, I just hope they make the best decision for themselves. I would welcome any or all back, recognizing that will have an impact on entering and remaining players. I also wish the best for any ready to go.

Until we know who stays and goes in every program every crystal ball predicting next season is pretty cloudy.

gtphd

He / Him / His
Talk to draft consultant.
1. If he thinks you’ll get drafted, then go.
2. If he thinks you won’t get drafted, then stay.
3. If he thinks it’s up in the air, then determine if you think you’ll be in a better position in 2022.

madRazor

Damn Good Rat
He has to strike when the iron is hot. ACC POY is as good as it gets
Unless back-to-back ACC POY is better?

Moses is naturally gifted, something obvious from day one. He wasn't a basketball body or player back then, even today much of what sets him apart is the agility and athleticism rather than his basketball skill. His mind for the game has also improved a lot.

He's obviously very good, but I think he has room to get A LOT better. So, develop further at GT against college athletes that he's already shown out against (not sure how much good that does him) or develop against other pros in the g-league or abroad (seems like not very much "fun"). Does him no good to ride bench in nba (except $ duh)...

Tough decision, hope he does what's best for him.

My opinion on all this worth exactly what you paid for it...

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
I also think he could get even better by staying, it’s a bit of a gamble to go now as he wasn’t really on anyone’s radar. He still needs work on his midrange game and could use some additional muscle. He can get both of those easily in a comfortable environment at GT.

79tech

Flats Noob
He might learn more in G league - I'll guess (and guess is appropriate word) NO but rest of them including Bubba return

GTFanatic

Varsity Lurker
He has to strike when the iron is hot. ACC POY is as good as it gets
I agree but it was a very down year in the ACC, plus he didn't do as well in the tournament. Again, not playing in the NCAA tourney will hurt some. Whatever he decides I wish him nothing but the best.

The Jacket

The Coat
He might learn more in G league - I'll guess (and guess is appropriate word) NO but rest of them including Bubba return
This is what I'm expecting. He goes to the G League (assuming that's a renamed D League?) and Alvarado returns. My hope is that with Jose hopefully coming back, at least some of the others will too. Have we heard anything at all from anyone but Jose?

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
If Moses doesn’t get drafted, he will still be able to sign a pretty nice contract in the Euro leagues.
And I have to think at some point you need to start thinking about career earnings. You have a limited amount of time where you're athletic enough to play pro basketball, and if you're not drafted by the NBA (where you get rich) you really need to make every year of earnings potential count.

gtphd

He / Him / His
He goes to the G League (assuming that's a renamed D League?)
Yes, the G is for Gatorade, who sponsors everything to do with that league.

”Today we have the Salt Lake City Gatorades vs. the College Park Gatorades in the Gatorade Game of the Week, sponsored by Gatorade.” When you get called up to the NBA, it’s called a “Gatorade Call-Up”, for example.

The problem with the G-league is that it pays $35k / year and you have to pay all of your own housing, food, nutrition, etc. You’re probably better off staying in college with free housing, free food, free S&C, free gear, and more visibility (more people watch NCAAM than G-League).

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
And I have to think at some point you need to start thinking about career earnings. You have a limited amount of time where you're athletic enough to play pro basketball, and if you're not drafted by the NBA (where you get rich) you really need to make every year of earnings potential count.
You also need to factor in the long-term value of an MBA or other Masters degree if you stay.