What's up fellas?! Just found this board

Wreck n Roll

Varsity Lurker
What\'s up fellas?! Just found this board

after being a regular on the Hive for several years. Haven't bailed on the Hive but just glad to find another forum for GT talk. I was highly dissappointed that RR pulled his usual "something bad happened time to shut down!" move after the Maryland debacle. Wish I'd known about StingTalk back then!!

So have we got a shot this weekend?? IMO it's a long shot but stranger things have happened...

Re: What\'s up fellas?! Just found this board

Welcome aboard. And yes, it is good to have 2 boards for GT fans.

I think we have a good shot to win Sat. if the team can put the first half effort of the UVA game to work for a complete 60 minutes. We are definitely due to have a game where we click for 4 quarters.

Actually, this is a pretty good board with some knowledgeable fonts. It just seems that everyone that has ever had a personal grudge with the Hive posts here just to try to get back at Jonathon and the people that do follow the Hive rules.

Oh, yeah, back to biz: Yes, we actually do have a shot at upsetting the punks in Raleigh. I feel much better about the team after UVA and think that NCSU is overrated. Yes, they beat two teams that beat us, but this is later in the season and GT ain't the same team that lost to Wake. Our D is adjusting to life without Gathers and our O is figuring out how to put up some impressive numbers. Gailey has put together some excellent game plans (yes even against MD) and execution is improving. There is indeed hope.

i think our chances are slim, like 1 in 10 but, the old saying is on a given day.................

As Ron Hudspeth once said "Welcome South, Brother!" Pull up a chair and let us know what ya think. <opens bottle of RC and hands to W'nR>

Yes, we do have a chance this weekend. It's a HUGE game, as are all remaining. It's been stated already but, if we can put together 4 qtrs of consistant effort we can beat these guys. A turnover or two wouldn't hurt either. I'm looking for the upset and a resurgence. It could be brutal, though.

gnats, did you know that's what WSB stands for?

Welcome, wreck.

Whazup WrecknRoll, I too like to read both boards. I don't post here very often but this board is starting to develop its own personality too.

As far as our chances versus Thug State: on paper and looking at it from any angle as an impartial observer (which I am not), there would be little reason to pick us to win. But as a big fan and a normally optimistic one, there are ways we can beat them. First of all, if they don't take us completely seriously and start looking ahead, we can surprise them. Rivers is unreal, but like Kurt Warner in the NFL, the way teams started beating STL was to get really physical to him. We need to hit Phillip over and over in the mouth every chance we get. Make him earn every pass he makes and wear him out. It may not be as simple as that but I think that needs to happen in order for us to have a good chance. They are good but certainly not invincible. They did barely escape losing to Duke.

TECH has beaten NC State 6 out of the last 7 games with State's only win two years ago in a fluke OT game.
How is it that they are suddenly a powerhouse and we suddenly can't even be considered a worthy competitor.
Strange how expectations have dropped around here.
Wonder why.

Originally posted by GEETEELEE:
Actually, this is a pretty good board with some knowledgeable fonts. It just seems that everyone that has ever had a personal grudge with the Hive posts here just to try to get back at Jonathon and the people that do follow the Hive rules.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thats pretty funny GTLee, given that your "I'm an ass" statement over on the Hive would draw a stern reprimand UNLESS of course you were one of the Hive arse-kissers...

Originally posted by beeware:
TECH has beaten NC State 6 out of the last 7 games with State's only win two years ago in a fluke OT game.
How is it that they are suddenly a powerhouse and we suddenly can't even be considered a worthy competitor.
Wonder why.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Of those last 7 years, how many times did we face an undefeated (9-0) NC State team?

Wonder why.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It might have something to do with the fact we do not have Godsey, Hamilton,Campbell,ect along with a number of Injuries that depleted our already strained tallent supply. We are a lot like last year as far as the expectations being lowered but with a lot less tallent because of the reasons stated above.

Wonder why.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">They're undefeated and top 10. And they're at home and we're beat up with injuries. That's why we're the underdog. Do you have to turn every post into a subtle slam on you-know-who?

I have to defend BeeWare here, he is many things but subtle is not one of them.

Welcome, W'nR. You will enjoy your time spent over here. The "Chat" room is so much fun during away games!

As far as NCState is concerned, I just hope we do not get stomped. If we play well and keep it close, then we will have a chance. But, frankly, odds are against us.
wink.gif

Glad to have ya wreck. Too much drama over at the hive. Yes, we have a shot be it a slim one.

drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
puke.gif

Welcome to Stingtalk. Post often and post hard and root for the Jackets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats pretty funny GTLee, given that your "I'm an ass" statement over on the Hive would draw a stern reprimand UNLESS of course you were one of the Hive arse-kissers...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Call me an asskisser if you will, but I follow the rules and don't have any problems with the Hive moderators. Yes, I have been repremanded, politely, for a few posts, and as I agreed to the rules when I signed up they were right in doing so. Why do people have a problem with that?

Originally posted by bizzybee:
Welcome, W'nR. You will enjoy your time spent over here. The "Chat" room is so much fun during away games!

As far as NCState is concerned, I just hope we do not get stomped. If we play well and keep it close, then we will have a chance. But, frankly, odds are against us.
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Buzzy I am afraid you are right.

Originally posted by GEETEELEE:
Call me an asskisser if you will, but I follow the rules and don't have any problems with the Hive moderators. Yes, I have been repremanded, politely, for a few posts, and as I agreed to the rules when I signed up they were right in doing so. Why do people have a problem with that?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That is just too freaking logically for some folks to handle GEETEELEE.

Back