When

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
We will have a top 25 defense every year considering Tenuta stays put and we continue to focus our receuiting about 70% on defense.

That being said we should expect our good years to be when we have a powerful scoring punch. Welp, another year passes and it isn't here. What should we do? Fire the Coach? Get a new OC? When you look at the season Reggie is throwing for more yardage than ever, but that is simply because we are throwing it so much more. The fact of the matter is that Ball is throwing less that 50% which stinks. Is that Gailey's fault...not entirely...He's not throwing the passes...The plays aren't bad plays they just aren't being executed...which is were Gailey and his staff need to step up. We also can't run because our O-line sucks...PJ is good, but he can't run through people.

When can we expect a good offense year?
Well, next year we return our entire offense except 1 lineman, PJ, and Bilbo. Plus we move Mansfield 'EarthMover' Wrotto back to O-line which will definitely help the run game. Reggie will be a senior, Calvin a Junior and the O-line will be more experienced...Plus Choice who could be even better than PJ will be receiving the carries...Sounds pretty damned good to me...I expect an offensive boost for sure.

The next year is the year I expect to have a huge season...I'm sure you're thinking, but wait we'll lose our quarterback, but I'm thinking we'll lose our problem. If God willing Calvin stays for his Senior year our Offense will have 3 Senior O-lineman + 1 Junior and a Mystery Person. Our Running Back will be a Senior in Tashard Choice and our Fullback will be a Senior in Mike Cox...Running Game sounds good as hell to me. Our QB will either be Bennett who will have 3 years of practice under his belt or Jonathon Garner who everyone is expecting to be very good. Both QBs are very tall which will open up the middle of the field and will hopefully lead to more passes to our Junior Tight End Colin Peek. Then on Top of that We'll Have Calvin Johnson, James Johnson, Greg Smith, Martin Frierson and whomever else we sign to throw to...Sounds like a dynammic passings game as well. And with a Top 25 Defense we should have an awesome team.

If Chan hasn't had an 8 win or better season after that season he has got to go...But I say we should give him until then as long as he can keep us in some kind of Bowl Games whether they be Crap Bowls or not.

I agree with you but for one exception. Wrotto moving back to OL will still put a young rookie on the line. Wrotto was going to play guard, we will need a tackle to step up next year. In fact, we'll need three new tackles next year in the two deep.

True, but one is a heckuva lot better than 4 which is how it seems this year with Honeycutt being the only experienced player...One way or anothere they need to move somebody...Right now they just aren't getting it done to the point where it is costing us games and that is simply unacceptable when game loses aren't team loses, but simply O-line loses. It's unfair for The D, Reggie, Calvin, & PJ to play well and lose because the OL sucks.

God just give us one Fat Hard Ass who can push around other fat people...Please, Just One /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I'm more impressed with Gardner than any of our O-Line. So its not all inexperience. That kid if going to be NFL bound by the time its over.

May be a little biased here since he's a good friend of mines little brother :). But he impresses me everytime I watch him during a play.

I think that our special teams are just a culptible for our two losses as the O-line, maybe even more so...

It's funny, for a moment there, even I felt like we were 0-5 after being around Tech Message Boards enough. We've lost twice! Oh My Gosh!

Yes, both losses could be blamed as much on ST or defensive breakdowns as the OL.

Who is going to play tackle next year? Our tackles have held up pretty well, I must say. When the line has broken down early, it was generally in the middle, and Wrotto could help that.

Back