Where do we go from here?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
Even a win of ugag will still mean that 3 of our 4 losses came against inferior teams.

I have seen enough to believe that CG MAY be a great hire, BUT HE MUST BE ALLOWED TO HIRE HIS OWN ASSISTANTS.

When I see poor offensive performance I DON'T KNOW WHO TO BLAME. I really do not think it is fair to blame a head coach when he did not choose his assistants.

WHY DO I THINK CG WAS A GOOD HIRE?

if you look at the numbers of yards and first downs we had the right plays and preparation. It was the TIMING AND PLAYCALLING that was deficient.

I WANT SOMEONE TO TELL ME THAT B'OB IS NOT CALLING THE PLAYS.

Law-bee, I doubt you will get that confirmation for the remainder of the year. In fact, we may never have the real story, other than rumors. However, if BOB is gone after the end of the year and Nix is the OC, you will have some idea as to the situation.

wink.gif

Quote:

"I have seen enough to believe that CG MAY be a great hire, BUT HE MUST BE ALLOWED TO HIRE HIS OWN ASSISTANTS."
lawbee
=======================
Absolutely, Lawbee. Whether things can work out with him and BOB remains to be seen. Hopefully so, but the team needs to begin to excell at all costs. Several weeks ago a player's father alluded to the fact that there was great tension and animosity between Gailey and BOB. Whether that is true or not, something MUST be done.
I know Nix must be a good QB coach but I wonder how things would work out if Gailey hired some high powered pro or college guy with plenty of success to his credit? Just a thoght?

I am with you here Law... I am like everyone.. a loss hurts, especially when the team played so hard... but, with the exception of 1 1/2 games (WF and MD) I have been pretty pleased with the progression of this team... and like the fact that we played NC State physical.. and outplayed FSU... in time, we will match their playmakers and depth... I am convinced more than ever that CG is the right hire for this program... over the long haul, we will pleased.... I think BOB is coaching his last games on the Flats... and although I appreciate his tenure... really believe that the change will do us good... you never know how things work out sometimes, but I have heard the same, I have heard the same rumblings about tension, and hope we get it resolved...

Originally posted by jacketguy:
I am with you here Law... I am like everyone.. a loss hurts, especially when the team played so hard... but, with the exception of 1 1/2 games (WF and MD) I have been pretty pleased with the progression of this team... and like the fact that we played NC State physical.. and outplayed FSU... in time, we will match their playmakers and depth... I am convinced more than ever that CG is the right hire for this program... over the long haul, we will pleased.... I think BOB is coaching his last games on the Flats... and although I appreciate his tenure... really believe that the change will do us good... you never know how things work out sometimes, but I have heard the same, I have heard the same rumblings about tension, and hope we get it resolved...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">j-guy,
I give you credit for being a good 'whistler'....but I feel compelled to point out that you are "whistling past the graveyard."

If BOB was calling the plays Saturday I will somewhat agree with LAw but if CG was the mastermind behind the goings on then I have a problem. Although FSU is susceptible to be hurt by the long pass AJ is not the QB to do it because
the long ball is not his strong point. AJ has proven that he cannot throw downfield with any degree of accuracy so to insist on trying was like
trying to force a square peg in a round hole. One other problem is when we get to the ten yard line we totally abandon the run which is not good. If
we get into a rut so that we are predictable then our chances of success diminishes exponentially.
FSU didn't have to play the run at all at the goal line so we made their task very simple. I certainly hope our problem is BOB because it can be corrected without ripping the team apart.

Buck makes the good point that we did not match up well against them because we do not have the deep throw accuracy to make them pay for poor DB play. Neither did UVA or Maryland with their QBs playing below average early in the season.

Louisville has an exceptional QB as does Miami. (Notre Dame is all D.) Expect NCState and UF to give them a solid challenge due to having QBs with good accuracy.

I pray NCState beats them so that Maryland gets the BCS bid.

Originally posted by beeware:
:
[qb]j-guy,
I give you credit for being a good 'whistler'....but I feel compelled to point out that you are "whistling past the graveyard."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL... just happy to be whistling Beeware...

I agree. I don't think we'll see BOB after this year. Who do you think Chan will pick, though? Oh my...I just had a horrible thought - what if CG chooses....himself? If he could do it and win, so be it but I'd much rather have jobs like that filled by different people.

The Jacket, go to the top right and click on the drop down table that carries you back to posts for the entire year. You will find bios on all the coaches including Nix.

I think once you read the bio on Nix, you will need to look no further for the next OC.

grin.gif

Originally posted by jacketguy:
we played NC State physical.. and outplayed FSU... in time, we will match their playmakers and depth...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GT will never, ever match the number of playmakers that FSU is able to bring into their program. I'll step out on a limb and say that we'll never equal what UGAg (sic) brings in, unless you want to believe what their fans say when they're down. Whether folks want to believe or not, the talent level at the "football factories" will always be superior to what GT will ever have. That's not to say that GT can't compete because it's been proven that we can, but as far as numbers in any given year, we'll lose that battle every time. Coaching our guys up is how GT will have to get it done...now and in the future, unless the rules were to change.

Ciret, your point is well taken, and for the most part is true. However, we tend to gain a little each time the NCAA increases the standards and the world becomes more ingrained in technology. It would appear there are more recruits seeking the technological field than there were years ago.

I do agree with the assumption, "the coach is the key to success".

wink.gif

IF (and this is a big "if") BOB is gone next year, I doubt seriously that CCG will be our offensive coordinator. He says he learned his hard lesson about that when he was at Dallas. He'll promote from within (maybe Nix) or hire someone new. We'll see.

Back