Where Do We Want To Spend The Money?

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
We know the supply of money is limited.

We know there are a few wealthy alumni at each school. I feel sure their pockets are not bottomless.

I would imagine our big money alumni and even our total fan base could probably afford to do only one of the following projects. Which one is your first choice. Let's assume most all Tech fans will pitch in and help with the second choice, but the first choice would mostly be left up to the big money alumni.

First Choice: Buy out Braine's contract

Second Choice: Assist the Tech administration in the expenses of withdrawing from the ACC and forming a new conference with most of the others interested.

Time to make a choice

Father Time
drinking.gif

I would go to the wall on both projects. They are both critical to Tech's recovery on the playing as well as bringing the Tech people together. I am actually dreading our football season starting because of the divisiveness that is caused by one sided games that we should either win or be competitive in. You may need a construction hat when entering stingtalk this fall.

Okay, Big Buck no politicians allowed. I want a preference here. One or the other vote.

grin.gif

I'd vote for #2 to get us out of the pussy willow ACC. It would have a large influence on #1 cause I don't know if he could stand it or pull it off.

Ahso, they are both crucial but if I was forced to make a choice I would choose number two. We need a divorce from the two aristocrats.

Number two. The ACC is now an embarrassment.

As much as I'd like to vote for one, I would have to go with two. I can't stand what Duke and UNC are about. I want to be competetive in a big time football conference.

I'd like both but for this thread - #2.
If that happened #1 would probably come later with our big money folks playing a huge role.

Ahso, we have to right our own ship. No one wants a quasi competitive team to come into any conference.
We NEED a coach who knows how to win championships & that is a hard thing to learn in div1a football. Bobby Bowden can do it any time he wants now. He can take a 9-5 team & win the ACC. The only time he missed he missed by 1 game.
Bobby Ross learned how to do it & could do it anywhere. His 2 right hands, Friedgen & O'Leary learned it by being with Ross & both showed they could do it, too.
Sorry to say, but Gailey nor any of his coaches knows what it takes to win a div1a championship of any kind. I'd take Neuheisel in a flash over Gailey because Neu knows how to win div1a championships. Barnett with Northwestern & Colorado. Richt & Amato learned well from Bowden.
Spurrier did it with Duke, for crying out loud, & you knew he'd do it at Florida. His right hand man, Stoops, learned from Spurrier & did it @ Okla.
A good coach can do it anywhere, at any school. Same can be said for an Athletic Director. Rice did it by hiring a championship winner in Ross & again by hiring his right hand man O'Leary. He also showed guavas by jettisoning a bad hire after just 2.5 yrs.
If we don't have an AD who knows how to win championships & how to hire to win championships, then he ought to go as well.
Take care of #1 first.

Back