Where Robert Lee's players

texstinger

Dodd-Like
Where Robert Lee\'s players

that much more stupid than our guys are now that it was okay for them to bee in the SEC? Were we a cow college then compared to now. Things are tougher now academically than they were then? Well, if so, not just at GT. We need to do whatever is necessary to get back in the SEC. If our leaders were so smart they would know the way it would benefit us, not hurt us, and bee able to show the SEC leaders how it could benefit them too.

Re: Where Robert Lee\'s players

Meant to spell "Were Robert Lee's players." So you can see where I fall in the equation. Sorry.

Originally posted by texstinger:
that much more stupid than our guys are now that it was okay for them to bee in the SEC? Were we a cow college then compared to now. Things are tougher now academically than they were then? Well, if so, not just at GT. We need to do whatever is necessary to get back in the SEC. If our leaders were so smart they would know the way it would benefit us, not hurt us, and bee able to show the SEC leaders how it could benefit them too.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Actually, I read through Dodd's Luck today..
I'm not 100% certain, but calculus may not have been part of the requirement for IM before 1960.
Dodd wrote about all these guys wanting to play for him in Atlanta, but being scared off into playing for Auburn.
His take was that Auburn would do anything to get "boys" to come play for them.

Some of the older fellas will have to expound on how the Russian's sending Sputnik up changed the Institute.

I really don't know the academic changes that have taken place at Tech over the years. I do know I have always heard it was harder to pass at Tech than at most of the other schools. I have heard this tale since the mid 40s.

I guess the insiders acquainted with the academic transitions over the years are probably the only ones who know the true stories of the academic fluctuations up to now.

drinking.gif

Back