Where the biggest needs from recruiting:

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
Where are we the thinnest? Where do we lack the most talent? Last year, we signed a bunch of linemen and some good athletes. Some of those guys redshirted, I know.

I'd like to see us get some good cover corners. If we had that, we'd be able to run more of a pressure D. I'd also like some running backs brought in. Some linemen is always needed, no matter how much depth you have. You alwys need more linemen.

What's up with Hobie Holiday? He was much-ballyhooed a few years ago. Didn't he get moved to DL because he was too big to be an LB? Is he gonna get significant playing time next year?

Anyone with any answers out there?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
I have the same questions

at LB we had

ayansi and bowers-wilkerson and both were suppose to see significant playing time BW I think we redshirted and ayansi did play some

I think DLine is our weakest area although we did redshirt a couple of kids and we will have some help from them, but we need to recruit there if possible, but they say dline is the toughest area to recruit.

certainly corner and safety are need areas we have houston we signed last year that suppose to be great.

need at least one good WR.

but if you look at the class last year they may help next year.

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
Law,

If we're going to become more of a running team, as evidenced by this year's play-calling, then we'll need more running backs. Did we recruit any good RB's last year? I don't remember. Also, what happened to Sidney Ford? He didn't get much playing time this year, it seems. He's got a bunch of speed. Did he get injured?

law_bee

Dodd-Like
we have Jermaine Hatch coming back if he heals ok, he will have a whole year and 1/2 between injury and next season.

we also have Jimmy Dixon, Sidney Ford and a couple of young fullbacks.

but yea, if we can get a blue chipper we need to take him.

I dont think anyone got injured but I think there were fumble problems and they got in Big Bee's doghouse

I know last year J.R. Lemon was the only back they really wanted.

GT_Wedge

Varsity Lurker
It has been a long time since we recruited a top DT. I think Holiday will get a lot more time at DE with Rogers graduating. We definately need to improve the corner position. At LB we will be solid. Kind of hard for Bowers and Ayansi to make an impact when we have an animal like Daryl Smith. At WR, I'd like to see us recruit a 6'3+. I think the recruit Stovall is over 6'2 and runs a 4.3. We have some solid young OL, but there was just too much pressure on Godsey this year. I'd like to see that get improved, which it will (our OL coach is great). Jonathan Jackson will begin to make an impact at FB I believe. It seems that every year our team gets a little bigger, and a little faster. I think great things are ahead.