Which 2 ACC teams would you like to play every yr?

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd say Clemson & Duke because we've played them so many times over so many yrs. Duke will probably want NCar & WF, tho, to kill that. It'll probably be Clemson & Florida St for GT.
Miami AD, Paul Dee, says that the ACC is discussing a schedule that has u tied to 2 schools each yr & play 6 of the other 8 each season on a rotating basis.
I sure like the way FSU AD Hart & Miami AD Dee do a LOT of talking about what the ACC is doing. It is a very nice change from the usual ACC fluff we get from the other 8 ACC ADs (VT's AD talks a little).
Here's the article quoting Paul Dee:

ACC may have 2 permanents & 8 rotating

Since I live in VA, I'll go with VT and UVA
smile.gif

My wishes aside, Clemson has to be one. They are our biggest rival save UGa. We do have a long tradition with Duke that deserves a nod. I also think our rivalry with UVa has been strong the past 14 years and is worthy of consideration. FSU also could be the one since they are also a johnny-come-lately like Tech. Then VT could be considered a possible partner due to the administrative ties and the "Tech" name connection (even though they aren't really a Tech).

Here are likely partners:
GT - Clemson & FSU
FSU - GT & Miami
Clemson - GT & NCSU
Miami - FSU & VT
VT - UVa & Miami
UVa - VT & Maryland
Maryland - UVa & Wake
UNC - NCSU & Duke
Duke - UNC & Wake
NCSU - Clemson & UNC
Wake - Duke & Maryland

Traditional big games lost: UNC-UVa, GT-Duke, The NC schools

Ditto Clemson and Virginia.
These have traditionally been terrific games to attend the past several years, and both are fun away games.

I have no clue what the new divisions will look like, but I have a feeling we'll keep FSU, Clem, and UVA on the schedule every year.

The two that I'd like to play the most is the Clemson and UVA games. GT's rivalry with each of these schools is extremely competitive. I would like to play UNC, FSU, and UM every year as well.

well, my picks for the two teams would be Clemson and Florida State...Clemson, because they are relatively close and Florida State because if we play them enough times, eventually we should win one!
pat.gif

Definitely Clemson. Don't care that much otherwise, but I do love beating NCState! Duke would give us another win most years but it's not too exciting most of the time.

Boys, am I missing something? Don't we need to know the divisional set-ups before speckalatin on this?

Bellyseries, here's what u're missing: if the NCAA will allow the ACC to have a championship game then 2 divisions will be set up & this discussion will NOT apply as the ACC divisions will make u have either 4 or 5 gms vs the same teams each yr.
But if the NCAA does not allow a championship gm then the ACC will go with an 11 team league, like the Big 10. In this event the ACC is discussing a schedule that has 2 permanent league gms each season with the other 6 gms rotating among the other 8 teams.
Hence the discussion of which 2 teams would u want to play each yr.

I think Clemson would have to be a definite pick. This is an automatic sellout (in Bobby Dodd) due to the proximity and tradition. Secondly, I would like Florida State.

Although, VaTech would be interesting too.

Back