White Smoke coming from the Edge Chimney

StingThing

Damn Good Rat
Apologize if it's been posted........what time are they announcing tonight?

THWUGA

Dodd-Like except wouldn't have left the SEC
Apologize if it's been posted........what time are they announcing tonight?
5pm players meeting, announcement immediately thereafter, if leakage doesn't hit first.

cajunjacket

Dodd-Like
I hope the people suggesting Glanville are joking. That wouldn't excite me at all. Glanville or Giff wouldn't really excite me. I hope it's Groh.

buzztheirazz

Dodd-Like
5pm players meeting, announcement immediately thereafter, if leakage doesn't hit first.
anybody know a player that can send a text to them immediately so we can know b4 the meeting ends?

i guees i'm going to run my errand. hopefully we'll find out b4 i get back.

unforgiven108

Dodd-Like
unforgiven, about the DL sucking, how bout lack of talent due to youth, size, and injuries?
We had a big guy that got absolutely stood up every time he played. We have some Juniors.

You can't get a senior 290+ guy at every position EVERY year, I'm sorry you can't. And these guys that are underweight if that's what you are saying, that we have a size issue and that causes bad play, then why were they recruited?

No one can avoid injuries, but I don't remember many injuries to our interior line except late.

THWUGA

Dodd-Like except wouldn't have left the SEC
Some talk now that this may be the scheduled year-end players meeting, and maybe there hasn't been a decision made?

SpongeBuzzSquareJacket

Varsity Lurker
Glanville is 68 years old, but he is still a sharp defensive mind. He'd be 100X better than Dave Wommack. He's not doing anything right now, maybe he wants to get back into coaching. We could probably get him on the cheap too.

BuzzMD

Dodd-Like
Glanville is 68 years old, but he is still a sharp defensive mind. He'd be 100X better than Dave Wommack. He's not doing anything right now, maybe he wants to get back into coaching. We could probably get him on the cheap too.
Had a horrible record at Portland State where he got fired this year.

GTD

Varsity Lurker
I hope the people suggesting Glanville are joking. That wouldn't excite me at all. Glanville or Giff wouldn't really excite me. I hope it's Groh.
There are multiple connections between Glanville and CPJ. Former coach at Hawaii with June Jones, tied to former Portland State HC turned Army OC, etc. Sources also tell me Glanville was seen on campus this morning.

coldbeer

Jolly Good Fellow
Some of the current players weren't even born yet when Jerry Glanville was in his Hey Day with the Oilers/Falcons. I can't imagine them getting excited about a coach they basically know nothing about.

GTD

Varsity Lurker
What sources?
A friend and fellow Stingtalker who lives in Charlotte and thinks it would be funny. I'm totally making this $hit up as I go. YES, I'M JOKING.

Sorry, couldn't resist. We still have an hour and I'm jonesing for the information, and passing the time until we get it.

If we hire Jerry Glanville to be our next DC, I'll eat HIS hat.

Yellow Fever

Jolly Good Fellow
I was happy with groh, not glanville though, i'd rather it be Giff Smith than Jerry.