White Smoke coming from the Edge Chimney

The Jacket

The Coat
If there is no announcement by midnight tonight - I will leave and become a New Mexico State fan.

BuzzMD

Dodd-Like
The suspense. lol.

Funny thing is if there is no announcement then all the premium boards got it wrong also. The Hivers acted like it was going down, so did Rivals, and so did Demjackets. Its all fun and games and makes the time go by. Its why I like being a member of all boards.
I agree. All 3 were in agreement at first. Now Hive states it is just a routine meeting, Kelly/Rivals are in between (routine meeting, but may be a smokescreen), and here is still on the side of DC announcement. It is very funny also seeing the progression of posting (what did ST say, what did TOS say, etc. :) )

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
At the very least, this thread was a 5 hour ego stroke session for "I know something you don't know, but I'm not gonna tell you now" crowd.

mts315

Dodd-Like
I agree. All 3 were in agreement at first. Now Hive states it is just a routine meeting, Kelly/Rivals are in between (routine meeting, but may be a smokescreen), and here is still on the side of DC announcement. It is very funny also seeing the progression of posting (what did ST say, what did TOS say, etc. :) )
Disagree on the Hive part. I am a member there and the first report that was posted on the Insiders Board was by me referencing this thread on Stingtalk. As far as I know this rumor started here and spread to other sites. As a matter of fact the topic on the Hive main board is also in reference to this post. So no topic on the announcement of a DC on the Hive originated there.

EastJacket

Dodd-Like
Disagree on the Hive part. I am a member there and the first report that was posted on the Insiders Board was by me referencing this thread on Stingtalk. As far as I know this rumor started here and spread to other sites. As a matter of fact the topic on the Hive main board is also in reference to this post. So no topic on the announcement of a DC on the Hive originated there.

RamblinReck started a thread on the Insider board labeled DC Announcement saying they have confirmed there is a 5pm team meeting to inform them of a new DC. Then he backtracked later on. So who knows.

JTS

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok, I think it is time for me to chime in here to clarify things and to provide an insiders perspective to how these sort of deals go down.

Al Groh and PJ have been friends for awhile. When Ben Anderson got hurt in the Ugag game, it was decided to go to a 3-4 scheme for the bowl so PJ brought Groh to consult on implementation of the new D. PJ was impressed with Groh and offered him the job. Everything was pretty much ready to go, but come contract time they ran into a problem.

As you probably know, Groh is famous for his cutoff gray sweatshirts. Apparently GT contract with Russell Athletics calls for all assistant coaches to wear a certain coaches shirt (ie golf shirt). This was wholly unacceptable to Groh because he likes to be comfortable while he coaches and golf shirts "just don't fit right". GT went back to Russell and proposed that Groh be allowed to wear a special Russell GT gray sweatshirt. Russell basically said a deal is a deal and refused to budge. D-Rad then asserted that the Coaches Shirt stipulation in the Russell agreement only applied to coaches on the sideline and therefore would not apply to Groh if he coached from the coach's box.

While GT was trying to work out a deal with Russell, Groh was going to meet his old buddy Bill Parcells to discuss their DC position more as a reference, but when he arrived Parcells presented him with an entire case of Miami Dolphins gray sweatshirts with the sleeves already cutoff "just the way he likes'em" and offered him the DC position.

As of this moment Groh is out....I'll let you know what's going on as events unfold....

ContactBuzz

Probably Drinks Cosmopolitans
As you probably know, Groh is famous for his cutoff gray sweatshirts. Apparently GT contract with Russell Athletics calls for all assistant coaches to wear a certain coaches shirt (ie golf shirt). This was wholly unacceptable to Groh because he likes to be comfortable while he coaches and golf shirts "just don't fit right". GT went back to Russell and proposed that Groh be allowed to wear a special Russell GT gray sweatshirt. Russell basically said a deal is a deal and refused to budge. D-Rad then asserted that the Coaches Shirt stipulation in the Russell agreement only applied to coaches on the sideline and therefore would not apply to Groh if he coached from the coach's box.
The truth is that it never got to Russell because Drew Hearn doesn't like Groh's taste in the shade of gray anyway

TechinItEasy

Dodd-Like
Ok, I think it is time for me to chime in here to clarify things and to provide an insiders perspective to how these sort of deals go down.

Al Groh and PJ have been friends for awhile. When Ben Anderson got hurt in the Ugag game, it was decided to go to a 3-4 scheme for the bowl so PJ brought Groh to consult on implementation of the new D. PJ was impressed with Groh and offered him the job. Everything was pretty much ready to go, but come contract time they ran into a problem.

While GT was trying to work out a deal with Russell, Groh was going to meet his old buddy Bill Parcells to discuss their DC position more as a reference, but when he arrived Parcells presented him with an entire case of Miami Dolphins gray sweatshirts with the sleeves already cutoff "just the way he likes'em" and offered him the DC position.

As of this moment Groh is out....I'll let you know what's going on as events unfold....

beej67

new around here
RamblinReck started a thread on the Insider board labeled DC Announcement saying they have confirmed there is a 5pm team meeting to inform them of a new DC. Then he backtracked later on. So who knows.
HA. So was his post after this thread got started?

It'd be too funny if both pay sites were getting their info from Stingtalk, and it'd be even funnier if the Stingtalk info was wrong.

JTS

Jolly Good Fellow
The truth is that it never got to Russell because Drew Hearn doesn't like Groh's taste in the shade of gray anyway
See these are the kind of half-truths that get spread around by people who don't have true insider look at things It's absolutely true that Hearn objects to Groh's sweatshirts, but it is not because of the shade of gray. It's because gray is not an official GT color. D-Rad explained to him that just about every school and sports team has gray sweatshirts regardless of their team's colors, but Hearn is not having it. Hearn did offer up a white sweatshirt as a compromise, but Groh said white makes him look fat (apparently he has some body image problems). That being said, I think you're overstating Hearn's power. Note the gold color we wore last season and the blue jerseys that we wore in the Peach Bowl.

JTS

Jolly Good Fellow

It'd be too funny if both pay sites were getting their info from Stingtalk, and it'd be even funnier if the Stingtalk info was wrong.
Yes, RR said that there would be an announcement about the DC and yes it was after the post here and yes they were all wrong. Chalk one up for the AJC.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Not getting the DC your HC wants because of a T-Shirt is both LAME and FAIL.

Shame on Russel for F*cking with our team for a single shirt.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
No offense but I can't believe that our DC came down to a sweatshirt

The Jacket

The Coat

"Funny" doesn't even begin.