White Smoke coming from the Edge Chimney

BHP12345

Helluva Engineer
Well we at least we got a new record for ST users. And the site only melted a little bit at the edges. We should all be proud to be able to stir up so much GT emotion for so little reason.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
Are team meetings usually held over DC hirings?

JTS

Jolly Good Fellow
Oh, dude, I'd forgotten about the Fighting Frankenstiens. What a hoot.
And just think it almost happened....

beej67 said:
You making it up here tomorrow JT?
Probably, but we've got a new DC candidate that only sleeps on pillows stuffed with four leafed clovers coming in and his current employer won't let him take school property to interview at another school. It was Taz Anderson's turn, but he is totally flaking out AGAIN so I've got to take care of it just in case Groh doesn't work out. Can't really name names right now, but I'll let everyone know if we're moving in another direction.

JTS

Jolly Good Fellow
This just in....Groh is out and probably for good...

The Patriots just fired their DC and you all know how Belichick feels about gray cut off sweatshirts. We had a shot against Miami because it gets so warm down that sweatshirts might not have been practical on a day to day basis. Also, a lot of meetings in Miami happen around the pool and the beach which made Groh a little nervous given his body image issues. But you can pretty much wear the gray sweatshirt year around at New England and New England is to the gray sweatshirt like Notre Dame is to catholics.

Well back to finding four leaf clovers.....

Y Jacket

Flats Noob
This just in....Groh is out and probably for good...

The Patriots just fired their DC and you all know how Belichick feels about gray cut off sweatshirts. We had a shot against Miami because it gets so warm down that sweatshirts might not have been practical on a day to day basis. Also, a lot of meetings in Miami happen around the pool and the beach which made Groh a little nervous given his body image issues. But you can pretty much wear the gray sweatshirt year around at New England and New England is to the gray sweatshirt like Notre Dame is to catholics.

Well back to finding four leaf clovers.....

Why isn't the NE Patriot guy our 4 leaf clover? Hire his ass and get him in here. He has to know enough about defense to make it work at the collegiate level.:biggthumpup:

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
Personally, I believe Demjackets has been yanking Stingtalk's chain for years. I've felt that way for a long time. Look, he was wrong during the '07 coaching change. Plus as a member of all the pay sites, his inside info always comes out at the exact same time it does on other sites. He could be the real deal, but too many things about his posts just don't smell right.
Worthless post. This is a better board because of demsjacket's posts and info. He was not entirely wrong on the coaching search in 2007 by the way, the way it played out was pretty much as he reported it. What ended up happening with PJ finally being hired, was different that what dems thought would happen. Big deal.

Would you rather not read his information? If not, then don't read it. Don't try to call him out where he doesn't post for the rest of us.

GT1994-1999

Varsity Lurker
A friend and fellow Stingtalker who lives in Charlotte and thinks it would be funny. I'm totally making this $hit up as I go. YES, I'M JOKING.

Sorry, couldn't resist. We still have an hour and I'm jonesing for the information, and passing the time until we get it.

If we hire Jerry Glanville to be our next DC, I'll eat HIS hat.
That is not just funny, its hilarious.:laugher::rotfl:

GT1994-1999

Varsity Lurker
Worthless post. This is a better board because of demsjacket's posts and info. He was not entirely wrong on the coaching search in 2007 by the way, the way it played out was pretty much as he reported it. What ended up happening with PJ finally being hired, was different that what dems thought would happen. Big deal.

Would you rather not read his information? If not, then don't read it. Don't try to call him out where he doesn't post for the rest of us.
+1,000. I have found Dems' info very good.

Axe

Flats Noob

To be perfectly honest, I never seen "inside info" from demjackets that I didn't see at almost the exact same time from one of the premium boards. All the other inside info stuff he posts is things like, "the team is really fired up" "DRad is pissed", etc. etc. I've never seen him post anything that really made me a believer. So, yes, since I think he has been yanking stingtalk's chain for 4 years, I would prefer not to read his posts.

I could be wrong. But do you really think a GTAA employee with "the inside info" would be as bold to say that a DC has been selected, but the players don't know. They are going to find out tonight and then the rest of us will know and then be totally wrong about it? Guys he was totally sure about his "info"

Honestly, his posts during the 2007 search were nothing that any of us couldn't have come up with. Let's be real, the one guy that he said was not an option from day 1, was the guy we hired. He was saying exactly the same things we were hearing on Hiver chats, etc. that turned out to be totally false.

Maybe he is the real deal, but I'm not buying it. BOR has brought more to this site than dems IMHO.

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
To be perfectly honest, I never seen "inside info" from demjackets that I didn't see at almost the exact same time from one of the premium boards. All the other inside info stuff he posts is things like, "the team is really fired up" "DRad is pissed", etc. etc. I've never seen him post anything that really made me a believer. So, yes, since I think he has been yanking stingtalk's chain for 4 years, I would prefer not to read his posts.

I could be wrong. But do you really think a GTAA employee with "the inside info" would be as bold to say that a DC has been selected, but the players don't know. They are going to find out tonight and then the rest of us will know and then be totally wrong about it? Guys he was totally sure about his "info"

Honestly, his posts during the 2007 search were nothing that any of us couldn't have come up with. Let's be real, the one guy that he said was not an option from day 1, was the guy we hired. He was saying exactly the same things we were hearing on Hiver chats, etc. that turned out to be totally false.

Maybe he is the real deal, but I'm not buying it. BOR has brought more to this site than dems IMHO.
Well, now that I think about it. I do have a PM from demjackets during the coaching search where he told me after I asked him that Paul Johnson was "not an option".

You do make a strong point. But its still entertaining nonetheless. Plus, dems is a lot like Oz to me. In at least the way he is treated on this board. And to me... THAT is the entertaining part.

cajunjacket

Dodd-Like
This thread was about white smoke coming from the edge chimney, too bad it turned out to be white smoke being blown up our ass (30k + times to be precise). Courtesy of mookie and demjackets. Why haven't either of these two at least come back to comment on their fail of a prediction?

GTD

Varsity Lurker

You may be right here. Even if you are, I still want Dems to post because I'm NOT on the insider boards, and by comparison, this board had believers that we already spotted Jerry Glanville in a cutoff gray sweatshirt as our newly hired DC today. I enjoy the jokes, and good intel. From what I've seen, Dems has had good intel. I don't care where he gets it. I'm just thankful he shares it.

Oh come on.
BOR calls you an idiot in 3... 2... 1...
;)

GTD

Varsity Lurker
This thread was about white smoke coming from the edge chimney, too bad it turned out to be white smoke being blown up our ass. Courtesy of mookie and demjackets. Why haven't either of these two at least come back to comment on their fail of a prediction?
Because the truth is, Beestorm wanted to run some volume testing on his shiny new server, so he pretended to be Dems and Mookie and let us help him run his tests.

Well played Storm, well played...

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Because the truth is, Beestorm wanted to run some volume testing on his shiny new server, so he pretended to be Dems and Mookie and let us help him run his tests.

Well played Storm, well played...
Beestorm is one helluva SEO.

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
Oh come on.
BOR calls you an idiot in 3... 2... 1...
;)
Can't. Always liked Axe as a poster.

People you will never see me call idiots:
ncjacket
beej67
chilidogking
TechPhi97 - but i will to his face.
refrigeratormover
demjackets
Beestorm - at least not on this board.
gtfan - ditto
TheJacket
JTS
sfalco
ThompsonJacket

I missing a few more. that's all I can think of for now.

DeRRtyTree

Dodd-Like
Who said they were going to become a New Mexico St. fan if we didn't have the new DC announced by midnight? Too lazy to look through THIRTY thread pages.

MadTownJacket

Dodd-Like
Who said they were going to become a New Mexico St. fan if we didn't have the new DC announced by midnight? Too lazy to look through THIRTY thread pages.
New Mexico St sucks. Lobos rule.

Sorry, a bit of New Mexico homerism in me.

gth816f

Dodd-Like
Can't. Always liked Axe as a poster.

People you will never see me call idiots:
ncjacket
beej67
chilidogking
TechPhi97 - but i will to his face.
refrigeratormover
demjackets
Beestorm - at least not on this board.
gtfan - ditto
TheJacket
JTS
sfalco
ThompsonJacket

I missing a few more. that's all I can think of for now.
hey i think you forgot my name by accident

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
TheJacket IIRC, oddly enough. I'm sure that post was overflowing with TIC, probably a sardonic jab at the originator of a similar outburst earlier in the season.