White Smoke coming from the Edge Chimney

GTatUSC

Flats Noob
This is implied in the clause that requires him to use best efforts to find another position. That clause also means that he is expected to get paid the market rate for the position. If anyone were to pay him much less than they would have paid someone else, UVA would simply sue Groh for the difference. They may not win, but it would cost him enough defending it that it wouldn't matter.
Are you an attorney - this is true attorney speak (I am one). Are the terms of Groh's UVA contract public or were you speculating?

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Did you just quote yourself and then ask yourself a question which you then answered and then ask yourself if you were speculating or not?

gt02

Damn Good Rat
Are you an attorney - this is true attorney speak (I am one). Are the terms of Groh's UVA contract public or were you speculating?
Or could be a signing bonus or some other thing they are negotiating. I am sure there are plenty of ways Groh and a clever attorney can dodge that clause.

JOJATEC#1

Jolly Good Fellow
I have always appreciated Dems posts except when he called JD's heart into question after the Miami game. If that was true, it should've stayed in the locker room. Dems, keep posting!

It seems to me when gt23eric says he knows something, he is generally right.

I always tell everybody my sources, which are generally friends of friends of high ups.

Screw that !! He called JD out and im glad! he needed to have a fire under his ass. Loaf and we will shame your ass. Ive said this all year about #21...eyes were on the NFL and it took coaches and players prodding him to finish strong. He is gone and i could give 2 s**ts. Beat it Amigo!

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
nevermind... apparently I am message board hallucinating.

techman98

Flats Noob

yes. someone posted that portion of the contract in another thread. I am pretty sure it is public, but i have not viewed the whole thing. I am speculating about there not being an explicit term that negates my assertion, but since IIRC it did mention Groh using reasonable efforts to obtain another coaching position, then I think that it is unlikely that there is another clause that limits that significantly.

GTatUSC

Flats Noob
yes. someone posted that portion of the contract in another thread. I am pretty sure it is public, but i have not viewed the whole thing. I am speculating about there not being an explicit term that negates my assertion, but since IIRC it did mention Groh using reasonable efforts to obtain another coaching position, then I think that it is unlikely that there is another clause that limits that significantly.
I think Al Groh should follow the advice of the immortal Mr. Bigg and take that **** to trial....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJhrtCa4JyI

gt23eric

Dodd-Like
Screw that !! He called JD out and im glad! he needed to have a fire under his ass. Loaf and we will shame your ass. Ive said this all year about #21...eyes were on the NFL and it took coaches and players prodding him to finish strong. He is gone and i could give 2 s**ts. Beat it Amigo!
I will say JD played soft at first. He was afraid of getting hurt. But really in the VT game he turned it around. He came out of the game and D morg along with Sed gave him a nice little speech. JD finished the year strong and I hope he's the best RB in the NFL.

Also thanks to JD Anthony Allen is still here.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
I wrote a lengthy response to this and then deleted it. You and I just disagree.

I do enjoy getting updates from Dems however.

supertech1984

Flats Noob
i missed this page and I am trying to get caught up on page 34...this isn't going to work out.

JTS

Jolly Good Fellow
Dwyer had a hurt shoulder almost the entire season and played just about every down in an offense where he gets tackled every down whether he has the ball or not. The bigger problem is that he just isn't that good of a blocker.