Who is the best team so far in the Nation ??

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
I say its a toss up between Southern Cal and FSU...

You can throw rankings out the window until mid October..at least thats what Bobby Ross used to say..

I have watched a lot of football these 1st 2 weeks and these 2 teams by far look the best..

What is SO scary about FSU is that they returned ALL 11 starters on defense and Rix has Now Finally matured as a QB. Throw that in with a healthy Greg Jones at RB (Many are saying he is the best RB in the country) ..Bill Curry kept saying last night how this was as good a team as FSU has ever had...They threw The Twerps around like ragdolls last night...

Yeah, and Reggie Ball got Trev Alberts' helmet sticker dealy last night too.

What was the topic again? Oh, right.

I say either Florida State or Oklahoma. Despite the fact that they had a huge comeback, I'm still not to sure about Miami, what with them being down so much in the first place. I don't think Ohio State deserves to be top 10 right now.

I watched some of the Ala./Oklahoma game and thought U.S.C. was a better team...Of course thats just one game..I didnt think Alabama was suppose to be that good and Stoops and co. had to resort to trickery to pull that game out...Boy but FSU is back in a big way!!!!

As of this week, I would say Oklahoma, Miami and FSU look the strongest.

Father Time

I'd say Ok, with FSU and Miami close right now. OK is just tough to beat and Ala may be a lot better than people think, especially on defense.

Boy O Boy, Blackwatch,
It's really hard to judge this early, as we see so many great teams have a dumb game early on. Miami would have to be my top choice.
Sou Cal may fit in there close with FSU
Can't discount Okla. right now.
To me, the scary factor early on is the unrated schools and unheard of schools. Marshall is by no means unheard of but they gave Tenn. a run for a while. It's these kind of schools that can ruin a super teams rating simply because of putting up a fairly good game. UAB may be a team to avoid soon as well as some others that I know you can name.
This Wake Forrest thing has me concerned as much as anything at present. I really believe they are for real and are coming after some recognition. I just hope it isn't at our expense again.

Back