Who is the starting QB?

JacksonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We all ought to take a quick second and email Brian Murphy and thank him for the excellent coverage he's given the Jackets.

Originally posted by fatjacket:
No more Suggs please...
puke.gif

Let's move on with Reggie and not look back.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">------------------------------------------

I'm with you all the way - lets take whatever lumps we have to take with a frosh QB and move on

Gee, can I get in on some of that bet. I would be willing to bet Reggie is number one and before the year is halfway over, Carter will be number two.

I can see Gailey adding plays and formations to the playbook as the season progresses. Since he has always liked the option for the college game, I doubt if much time will be used practicing the options with Suggs. Most likely, Reggie and Patrick will get most of the snaps as the season progresses.

Father Time

Gailey has said that if he had to name one right now it would be Ball. He also says that the position is still open. I hope the reason the position hasn't closed is because Patrick and Suggs have been playing at a higher level and not because Ball has stepped back.

Secrecy and deception regarding who is the starter is over rated IMHO. The best teams already know who their starting QB is and what they are going to do with the football. I submit not knowing at this point hurts our team in terms of confidence as much as it does BYU in not knowing.

I'm sure the team is well aware of who is starting. CCG just hasn't let the public know yet.

The article in today's Macon Telegraph has a quote from CG in which he says that he might not name a starter until gameday itself (a dang, fine decision if you ask me). He also mentions in there that Carter has practiced the best of all 3 QB's over the last 3 days, saying that Carter is starting to get the hang of it and is now starting to attack the position.

I'll agree with the post earlier that Ball starts and Carter moves up (maybe even by this game) to the #2 position. In this article, they also mention that Suggs still continues to struggle with interceptions. No way do I believe that Gailey puts him on the field just for "experience" if he doesn't actually think he can produce when he's out there.

Some people posted that Gailey said Ball will start against BYU at the lunch bunch. However, in the Macon Telegraph today, Brian Murphy is reporting that Gailey has refused to name a starter. It is interesting to note that Gailey said Carter has been better than anybody the last few days.

Gaily Mum on Starter

Thats the usual stuff coaches say just prior to a game..Keep the opposition guessing..Is it Ball and we have to be prepared for a big running threat from the QB position or is it Suggs or Carter that are more of dropback type QB ?? Thats also why its good to have closed practices the week of Gameday...

I think Suggs will start and I think that is the right move. He has big game experience and played in front of large crowds. This will enable the freshman to watch the game and understand the flow and get over the pregame jitters. Then one of them could spell Suggs and get in a few plays. If Suggs starts well they may not see the field.

Gtmg..You want to bet on that right now ???
I think you will have 95% of the people here on Stingtalk take you up on that one...

I agree with Black Watch....this keeps everyone guessing. Just like UGA probably doesn't have 1,000 secondary injuries (if you remember last year Clemson sandbagged against UGA bigtime) I think UGA is just returning the sportsmanship.

Similar idea here. We don't want to tip them off until kickoff.

Back