Who Is Vad Lee?

Didn’t Lee throw for like a zillion yards against UNC when he played for us?

[Edit:] As a freshman, vs @UNC, he was 6 for 10 for 215 yards and rushed for another 112 yards. Wow.

Last edited:
became the first Division I player to pass and throw for 275 yards in a single game during his senior season.
Big if true.

I remember that Doors song:

Don't ya love him? Vad Lee
Don't ya need him? Vad Lee

Don't ya love him as he's walking out the door?

impression

Not a fan of Vad Lee as we should have beaten UGA that year in 2013. After his transfer players spoke out how they wanted Justin Thomas to start in 2013. However I wish him well in the USFL, he has played on the Columbus Indoor team in the National Arena League for several years after finishing his college career at the FCS level. I wish him well in the USFL.

Last edited:
Pretty cool that he is still playing football, along with various other day jobs. Seems like a great guy

Vad Lee gave an interview to a local radio station on his way to JMU that essentially called out his whole team as being pretty bad. They then went and did almost everything he said they couldn’t do the next season.

The 2013 Ugag game seems like a generation ago. We were competitive and should have won. Set up 2014.

Hard to see now, but it can be done again.
We will beat them again. Look how on top Clemson was 2-3 years ago - curb stomping Bama - we should have won last year's game. Think about that for a minute. The dwags are where Clemson was 3 years ago - they will fall back to earth and we will be there to greet them when they do.

I've been thru this cycle 4 times in 4 decades. The pattern is there.

We will beat them again. Look how on top Clemson was 2-3 years ago - curb stomping Bama - we should have won last year's game. Think about that for a minute. The dwags are where Clemson was 3 years ago - they will fall back to earth and we will be there to greet them when they do.

I've been thru this cycle 4 times in 4 decades. The pattern is there.

I love the enthusiasm. Our greatest success has always followed great coaching. Dodd, Curry, Ross, O’Leary, Johnson…the formula is pretty simple at Tech…we just need to stick to it.

Vad Lee gave an interview to a local radio station on his way to JMU that essentially called out his whole team as being pretty bad. They then went and did almost everything he said they couldn’t do the next season.
Karma, IF Vad Lee would have bought in, Justin Thomas may not have been the OB MVP, it could have been VAD!

Not a fan of Vad Lee as we should have beaten UGA that year in 2013. After his transfer players spoke out how they wanted Justin Thomas to start in 2013. However I wish him well in the USFL, he has played on the Columbus Indoor team in the National Arena League for several years after finishing his college career at the FCS level. I wish him well in the USFL.

What a ööööing disappointing day that was.

Back