Who is your favorite GT player ever and why?

Jacketeer

Flats Noob
I gotta go with Joe Hamilton. It was amazing watching him play, and you gotta love someone who beat the doggies twice.

Honorable mention to Peter Pund.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Tough one for me. I think my daughter would pick Morgan Burnett just based on his pick 6 against UGAg.

Maybe Dwyer in his prime. His run against UVA and the one against Duke where he just wouldn't get tackled are fantastic plays. His TD run against UGAg after halftime down there where he shook his head as if to say "Dude, ain't no one tackling me" on his way to the endzone is one of my favorite runs.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I was saying he's my favorite player you öööö
Yea, I know the path you are on. It was a flame. If you truly mean it, then I agree. I loved Reggie's time here. Sure, he didn't beat UGAg all by himself like everyone seemed to expect him to do, but he fought hard every game. I felt bad for him at home against Miami in 2004 when there was absolutely no blocking for him and he was reduced to QB keepers while trying not to get crushed by the Miami defense.

gogt5

Flats Noob
Yea, I know the path you are on. It was a flame. If you truly mean it, then I agree. I loved Reggie's time here. Sure, he didn't beat UGAg all by himself like everyone seemed to expect him to do, but he fought hard every game. I felt bad for him at home against Miami in 2004 when there was absolutely no blocking for him and he was reduced to QB keepers while trying not to get crushed by the Miami defense.
When I grew up he was the face of the program so he's always been one of my favorites

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Joe Ham, Godsey, Calvin, Roddy Jones, Justin Thomas, Buttker, can't pick just one.

Last edited:

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Joe Hamilton. Others considered - Kim King, Shawn Jones, David Sims, Ed Wilder, Lucius Sanford

johncu

Dodd-Like
Probably Daryl Smith or Morgan Burnett. Calvin Johnson or Joe Hamilton are the obvious answers but I tend to love players that are really good but a little underrated.

Jacketeer

Flats Noob
Agreed. I'm of the opinion that Reggie would've been OUTSTANDING in the 3O. Fit his skillset perfectly. That bulldog, fighters mentality that he had combined with his wheels and passing ability? That dude would have been remembered a whole lot differently, and I bet we would have beaten UGAg.

gogt5

Flats Noob
Agreed. I'm of the opinion that Reggie would've been OUTSTANDING in the 3O. Fit his skillset perfectly. That bulldog, fighters mentality that he had combined with his wheels and passing ability? That dude would have been remembered a whole lot differently, and I bet we would have beaten UGAg.
For sure

beej67

new around here
I speculate that everyone's "favorite player" is an emotional decision, likely tied to the the program upswing that most coincided with their undergraduate years on Tech campus.

So for instance, as a 94-98 guy, Joe Hamilton is a clear pick for me. But I expect others to have different favorites based on when they attended school. Those in school in the Gailey years probably universally pick either Calvin or a linebacker.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Daryl FN Smith because Daryl FN Smith

georgiatech22

Dodd-Like
When I was in HS, it was Tashard Choice. The guy was a beast at RB, but he was an even better person off the field and on campus. Wish he would have played a few years later because he would have been a beast at B-back in our offense now.

GT76

Damn Good Rat
Maybe Dwyer in his prime...His TD run against UGAg after halftime down there where he shook his head as if to say "Dude, ain't no one tackling me" on his way to the endzone is one of my favorite runs.
One of my favorite runs too.
Eddie Lee Ivery one of my all time favorite players.