Who put Carol Moore in charge?

buzzy bee

Varsity Lurker
If it is Braine then both she and DB should be sent packing.

Didn't O'Leary have his own academic staff that got booted upons Chan's arrival. Is that when Carol Moore got in charge of the f'ball team?

She reports to Dave Braine and Dr. Bob McMath.

She was brought in when she was "run" from the Hill. It looked good on paper to have an academic type running the show.She was the former Assistant Dean of Students under Dean Dull. GOL always had a person that had to report to her
wink.gif
, but also reported to him. Once GOL left, DB brought in his guy, Jerry McTier. Mr. McTier got tired of her ways, and left at the end of summer last year. No one was put in place until October. Draw your own conclusions.

I've made my conclusions, as you suggest. When Georgia Tech football is concerned, and she doesn't want to comment, something smells. Fire her ass and she'll be on the radio circuit with Jan Kemp bragging about how she took on the athletic establishment. Supporting strong academics is one thing, jumping on some sort of crusade to draw a line in the sand is another. I'd say it's time to start having some formal reviews.

Second hand news, is that DB, WC, carole moore, nemhauser, and stallworth met today.....where was gailey?.....playing golf (allegedly)
wink.gif

I'm as befuddled as everyone else... I really don't understand how this happened: When a student is on "warning", the red flags should go off (and maybe they did). Any advisor (who knows what they're doing) realizes that these people need to be monitored to ensure that they're taking care of business b/c it's evident that they're in trouble. If an athlete goes to the training room and is diagnosed with a stress fracture, don't you think that the training staff reports to the coach, and together they monitor the progress of the athlete until it's healed? It's the same with academics.
It's always possible to lose one or two even when someone is keeping tabs; however,
T-E-N?????
With regard to Carole Moore keeping mum--It is AA policy for the AD to act as the "voice". I am certain that she was told not to speak with anyone about the situation. Got a feeling that we'll never know what really happened.

General, you are joking right? He loses Hollings, Hargrove and a boatload of others and he's playing golf?

Back