Who Starts for Tech This Fall?

MsTechAnalysis

Jolly Good Fellow
If you were putting the starting lineup together right now - who starts on offense and defense - all positions?

I'd be curious to see who comes the closest when the first game is played.
wink.gif

Well here is the way I see it:

Offense
QB-Bilbo
RB-Hollings
FB-Ace
TE-Foschi
WR-Curry
WR-Smith
LT-Dorsey
LG-Robinson
C -Reilly
RG-Wallace
RT-Phillips

Defense
LB-Smith
LB-Brown
LB-Fox
CB-Cox
CB-Houston
SS-Butler
FS-Landry
DE-Gathers if healthy, if not it will be Henderson
DE-Hargrove
DT-Parker
DT-Malone

There will probably be a surprise or two but at this point in time that is the way I see it.

I honestly think Ather Brown will back up Key Fox. He's a great player. He could win the other job, but it's not a position suited for him. They could do some things differently in the scheme of things, but I doubt it. That's just my thoughts. The three backers spots are all unique in what they demand out of players. Really not interchangable.

Mstech. Yeah I gave some consideration for Pullen as well. Have thought about Tugboat moving to reco's old spot as well. He is a player suited for that position.

I agree with Buck. If Gathers isn't ready to go Henderson should be the man to beat for that spot.

Pullen is interesting. He runs so well and very quick off the corner. Even as he grows he could stay at End. We'll see.

Noticed that Mathews is listed on new roster at DE/TE.

QB-Bilbo
RB-Hollings
FB-Dixon
WR-Smith
WR-Curry
LT-Dorsey
LG-Robinson
C-Reilly
RG-Hartley
RT-Wallace
TE-Foshi

DE-Gathers
DE-Hargrove
DT-Parker
DT-Malone
OLB-Fox
OLB-Green
MLB-Smith
CB-Cox
CB-Houston
SS-Butler
FS-Landry

How come you didn't want to name your starting line up MsTech? Not that there is anything wrong with you not.

Offense:
QB-Bilbo
RB-Hollings
FB-Ace
TE-John Paul
WR-Curry
SR-Smith
LT-Dorsey
LG-Robinson
C Hugh R.
RG-Brad Huneycutt
RT-Wallace

Depends on the set we come out in. That's just a guess in I formation with TE and two wide.

Could be three wides. In that case put in Bridges as added WR and take out Ace. Could be double TE in that case put in Brian Johnson as H-Back/TE for Ace

Defense;
LB-Smith
-Fox
-Green (if eligible)or McNair
CB-Cox
-Houston
SS-Butler
FS-Landry
DE-Greg Gathers
DE-Tony Hargrove
DT-Parker
DT-Newberry Hey why not.
shocked.gif

Just have to hope that Hollings and Gathers make it back.
grin.gif

Good line-up GTT. I would guess Hartley at RG and Brown at LB. THWG

GTT:
To be honest with you ... I was interupted when I was writing this post and didn't have a chance to finish. I'm integrating my posts with work!
wink.gif

But, I have a tendency to agree with your line-up at the moment. I do believe a couple of freshmen might have some impact, especially Kenny Scott. Damarius is the X Factor here. It's his position to take over, would like to see it happen.

Might exchange Tabugbo for Green or McNair and what about Pullen on defensive line?

Just for fun!

Offense:
QB-Bilbo Pena
RB-Hollings Grant/Hatch
FB-Ace Dixon
TE-John Paul Cooper
WR-Curry Bridges
SR-Smith Thomas
LT-Dorsey Honeycutt
LG-Robinson Hartley
C Hugh R. Tuminello
RG-Tidwell-Neal McHargue