Who wanted Freeze?

I doubt they fire him after 1 year. That’d be tarted
This is Freeze’s 2nd year at Auburn. You don’t remember Auburn losing to NMSU (Pavia now Vandy QB), followed by the 4th and goal from outside the 20 against Bama last year?

This recruiting class is make or break for him.

Add in completely whiffing on the QB market in the Portal. Thorne has not been good.

You'd have to be an IDIOT to want to fire someone with wins over Vandy!
I know that was TIC, but it was Vandy LAST year. His wins are:

2023: UMass, Cal, Samford, Miss St., Vandy, Arkansas
2024: Alabama A&M, New Mexico

NIL is throwing a wrench into everything. Some coaches (like Freeze) made their name skirting the old rules. Now that everyone can openly pay players, it has changed the playing field. It is more important to be a good coach and a good eye for talent than it was 5 years ago.

I think he is a decent coach. Decent person don't know about that , but decent coach - yes. They are not going to fire him. Even Auburn realizes it's not all coaching at this point.

NIL is throwing a wrench into everything. Some coaches (like Freeze) made their name skirting the old rules. Now that everyone can openly pay players, it has changed the playing field. It is more important to be a good coach and a good eye for talent than it was 5 years ago.
Freeze is sitting around saying that being a sleezeball just doesn’t produce like it used to.

I think he is a decent coach. Decent person don't know about that , but decent coach - yes. They are not going to fire him. Even Auburn realizes it's not all coaching at this point.

I think he is a decent coach. He was one of the original hurry up guys. The rest of football caught up to him and Chip Kelly.

Freeze’s success at Ole Miss was driven by stockpiling talent. And at Liberty, he was outspending the competition.

Auburn was expecting miracles based on the old Freeze. The new rules took that away.

Should've stayed at Liberty. Was already set for life financially and was in a no-lose situation up there.

Auburn has also had some weird games this year. Like cursed season sort of stuff where they play pretty close (or way up on someone) only to have the wheels absolutely fall off in the late stages of the game.

Auburn has also had some weird games this year. Like cursed season sort of stuff where they play pretty close (or way up on someone) only to have the wheels absolutely fall off in the late stages of the game.
Oklahoma game was a complete collapse. Announcers talked about Thorne and how well he was doing with his decision making and then just like that a turnover when they didn’t even need to pass. Turned the whole game on its head with under 8 minutes left.

Ehh... I've seen it sort of the other way around. They've tried and tried to hold it together as long as possible in games until the inevitable happens.

Back