Why GT is better than UGA...

xcnewbee

Varsity Lurker
So, long story short, this girl I'm dating's best friend is an avid UGA fan :furious:. I've tried everything I can think of but I'm getting nowhere. I need a ton of reasons of why GT is better than UGA, and try to keep them some what factual haha. Thanks in advance, for helping me put another UGA fan in their place!

GT has a much more storied program than UGA. Heisman (Best player in CFB is awarded his trophy), Alexander, Dodd (Coach of the Year award named for him), Ross. 4 National Championships versus 2 for UGA.

We may not have the head to head record versus them and we shouldn't because they can recruit a better class of athlete than we can and aren't limited in their curriculum or standards. However, we make the most of our chances than UGA ever has.

At the time we left the SEC, we had more SEC and Southern Conference Championships than UGA.

I think he needs more recent data...like since the invention of the internet. Or the last 10 years. Otherwise, he's going to sound like an Englishman arguing that Great Britain is more powerful than the USA due to its superior navy.

So, long story short, this girl I'm dating's best friend is an avid UGA fan :furious:. I've tried everything I can think of but I'm getting nowhere. I need a ton of reasons of why GT is better than UGA, and try to keep them some what factual haha. Thanks in advance, for helping me put another UGA fan in their place!

Is this a woman you are going to have this argument with?

i never understand the "help me put down a mutt" threads. do people not know our history, our traditions?

mutt at work tried to get me riled up telling me that tech is not really a football school like they are because they're in sec and sec wins championships every year . i told him one vanderbilt fans say hi, two 1980 is earlier than 1990 and three we have 4 national championships compared to their 2. then he told me that gt has 3.5, I said even if it was 3.5 that's still more than 2 dumbass.

then i told him to stop barking if he wants to be an indoor dog

Don't waste your time.

I've found that, generally speaking, mutt fans lack the reasoning required to comprehend logical arguments.

I believe he has to convince his GF to be a GT fan not convince the dog fan of anything.

Thought the same thing...

If her best friend is a dude, then it's not her best friend.

best friend with benefits

Would anyone ever be able to convince you that another school is better than Tech? It's not going to happen if he/she is an AVID fan.

GT has a much more storied program than UGA. Heisman (Best player in CFB is awarded his trophy), Alexander, Dodd (Coach of the Year award named for him)

People also forget that Homer Rice has a award named after him, as does Frank Broyles, who cut his teeth coaching at Tech...

i never understand the "help me put down a mutt" threads. do people not know our history, our traditions?

mutt at work tried to get me riled up telling me that tech is not really a football school like they are because they're in sec and sec wins championships every year . i told him one vanderbilt fans say hi, two 1980 is earlier than 1990 and three we have 4 national championships compared to their 2. then he told me that gt has 3.5, I said even if it was 3.5 that's still more than 2 dumbass.

then i told him to stop barking if he wants to be an indoor dog

Awesome. Well done, sir.
:rotfl:

Fans that are not familiar with their biggest rival's history and tradition aren't worth arguing with. Which means I don't argue with most UGA fans....and why, sadly enough, UGA fans shouldn't argue with what seems to be most of our fans.

Tell him to hurry up with your order of fries or you'll tell his boss.

Then punch him for being a piece of öööö UGA fan.

People also forget that Homer Rice has a award named after him, as does Frank Broyles, who cut his teeth coaching at Tech...
I didn't know Broyles played QB at Tech. Man, I wish he took over after Bobby Dodd left coaching, but I understand promoting from the current coaching staff.

More NC's.
Most Recent NC.
More History and Tradition.
Most Recent Conference Championship.
Heisman, Alexander, Dodd, Ross, Johnson.
Everything BOR said about doing more with less while Ugag is the perpetual poster child for doing less with more.
Better education.
Our guys have to take real classes.
No athlete-basket-weaving majors like sports and leisure studies.
Our easiest major for athletes is harder and better than their hardest major for athletes (our business school outranks theirs and is a top 25 program in the nation).
We're better in the other sports that we play (basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, track, etc.).
Our football team had the highest average SAT scores in the NATION in D1.
Much higher overall academic ranking.
Player arrests. Damon Evans. Jan Kemp. Jim Harrick.
Better fight song.
Atlanta better than Athens.
Paul Johnson better than Mark Richt.
Buzz better than inbred, unhealthy Uga.
Ramblin' Wreck better than anything they've got.
Even with all of their inherent, unethical advantages, our football program has still accomplished more than theirs.
White and Gold are just better colors than Red and Black. Angels vs Demons. (we've heard who wins that battle in the end.)

How many ugag players does it take to screw in a lightbulb? One, but it counts as a 4-credit-hour course.

How do you get a ugag grad off your porch? Pay him for the pizza.

What does a ugag grad call a Tech grad 2 years after graduation? Boss.

Back