Why no Bowl game?

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
SEC sent three 3-7 teams bowling. Wtf

I think the team was just beat up and drained from playing 3 weeks with a thin rotation and they decided to shut it down instead of forcing it in a year no one will remember results from in two years.

I think the team was just beat up and drained from playing 3 weeks with a thin rotation and they decided to shut it down instead of forcing it in a year no one will remember results from in two years.

I hope that is not the case. What you describe is our program just quitting; doesn't look good on our leadership. Sure we played 3 games on a short schedule; but we would have 3-4 weeks off before a bowl game.

I hope that is not the case. What you describe is our program just quitting; doesn't look good on our leadership. Sure we played 3 games on a short schedule; but we would have 3-4 weeks off before a bowl game.
That’s ridiculous. The team didn’t just quit. They were plagued by injuries and Covid. The team needs the rest more than they need a few meaningless practices. Let them rest and get back after it in the spring.

Injuries were a big part of it, then just a lack of appeal for young adults around participating in a bowl game with COVID protocols.

Not saying I necessarily agree with it, but I’ve come to terms with it.

If we had bowled, there would be criticism he was risking the safety of his depleted team for no purpose, and someone would have posted,

"Should have not bowled, need the 'cruiting.

So not playing in a bowl helps with recruiting??

2 games, we canceled the 3rd.

That’s ridiculous. The team didn’t just quit. They were plagued by injuries and Covid. The team needs the rest more than they need a few meaningless practices. Let them rest and get back after it in the spring.

That sounds like a quit. Every team is dealing with COVID and injuries, that is just an excuse.

Back