Why we stink!

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by OldGold1968, Dec 22, 2018.

1. techronnie

techronnie Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Acworth, Ga.
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    He cannot recruit and he is even worse at coaching. On top of that, his has baggage that won't go away. Time to cut our losses and get a real coach!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. GT98

GT98 Helluva Engineer

Loc:
    parts unknown
    GT ain’t paying 3 coaches not to coach here. Pastner is here for 2 more seasons unless a major off the court deal occurred.

3. DinnerJacket

DinnerJacket Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Marietta, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I really wanted to like CJP. I still do. However, my son goes to high school at one of the state's historically best basketball programs. He's an athlete and hangs around a lot of the others. One of this year's seniors, who happens to be ranked highly, signed with an out of state program. My son asked him why he didn't consider Tech. The guy said he did and even went on a visit. But this kid said to my son, and I quote, "Pastner is 'fake'." Not really sure how to take that other than this kid apparently saw something a lot of us have not. Could explain alot.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. BrentwoodJacket

BrentwoodJacket Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Why didn't we terminate Pastner for cause based on his negligence in exposing our players and program to Ron Bell? We could have avoided any future payments.

• Like Like x 4
  5. 77GTFan

77GTFan Dodd-Like

Loc:
    North Carolina
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    We should have done exactly this. From that point on the vibe in the program has shifted from positive to negative.

6. BrentwoodJacket

BrentwoodJacket Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Is it too late to terminate him for cause now? Obviously this behavior has impacted his ability to perform his job. Any one with a law degree have an opinion?

7. madRazor

madRazor Flats Noob

Loc:
    NC
    Team:
    GT
    Do you really not see it? Interesting. Since his hire, CJP has rubbed me the wrong way like your mom

8. 79tech

79tech Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    atlanta
    Team:
    ga tech
    I have no proof but I’m not surprised to hear him referred to as a ‘fake’.
    you are so right - opportunity missed and blown and really should have terminated him for poor judgment, damage to the program etc.

9. BuzzLaw

BuzzLaw where have all the average people gone

Loc:
    The Kingfisher
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    As a supporter of JP, I believe we absolutely could have done this. Further, I believe we still can. We can say we were waiting for the case to be fully disposed or something else. I’m assuming we have a clause in his contract that discusses firing for actions unbecoming of the GT coach.

That’s my opinion of that issue. But, again, I still support our coach and believe he will get us where we want to be when it’s all said and done.

10. BuzzLaw

Loc:
    The Kingfisher
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Whatever. JP ain’t a fake. I don’t generally trust 18 year old’s judgment of character, and I’m definitely not trusting the hearsay of an 18 year old’s judgment of character.

Everything I know about JP says he is not a fake and is, genuinely, a hard working honorable guy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. ElCidBUZZingFAN

ElCidBUZZingFAN Dodd-Like

Loc:
    My house
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    The results prove your judge of character sucks and the 18 year old’s is spot on.

12. wesleyd21

wesleyd21 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    GA
    Team:
    GT
    We hired a guy from Memphis that doesn’t know how to sell the academic side. Or maybe he knows how but just isn’t very good at it.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  13. DinnerJacket

DinnerJacket Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Marietta, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    You can give me all the dislikes you want. In fact, you’re the first to ever. But that doesn’t change the fact this kid said that, AND believes it. I said I liked Pastner, and I want him to succeed. But if he’s doing or saying some things that are NOT connecting with these 18 yr olds, we’ve got a problem. AND, it may just be THIS kid. But I know he’s not raking them in. Paul Johnson is a fine man as well, but recruiting is the bottom line........period.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Georgia School of Technology
    Based on the reaction video from the Arkansas game, I don’t know if that is true about a negative vibe.

15. BuzzLaw

Loc:
    The Kingfisher
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    It doesn’t change the fact that you say your son says this kid said that. Get your facts straight! :bigthumbup:

Congrats on your first disliked post!

16. BackstreetBuzz

BackstreetBuzz Varsity Lurker

One year from now we will know for sure if Pastner is going to be able to get the program turned around. I wish we could just support the team and let whatever happens happen.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fredge

Fredge Flats Noob

Loc:
    Savannah
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I don't know if Pastner is "fake" so much as he just seems to be a bit awkward socially.

I think he's good in press conferences and such, but I could see recruits struggling with how to interpret his personality in 1-on-1 interactions.

18. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Georgia School of Technology
    What do you think could change between this year and next? We aren’t looking very good with next year’s class at this point, and we are seriously hurting in the shooting department.

UGA was simply terrible on defense, we got a TON of great looks at the basket yesterday and couldn’t hit anything. We missed point blank jumpers and even layups.

Gregory won 3 ACC games 4 years ago, but we might be looking at a 2 ACC win season here.

19. ElCidBUZZingFAN

ElCidBUZZingFAN Dodd-Like

Loc:
    My house
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Recruiting is ööööing embarrassing this year. Next year will be another disaster.

We need to dump this snake oil salesman. Pastner is hot garbage.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dirty Jacket

Dirty Jacket Something Extraordinairre

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Snake oil salesman is exactly how I view Josh. He really had me sold too especially when he had Gregory’s players who he came in essentially trashing on a regular basis calling for a major rebuild. I do agree with Josh that a major rebuild is in order. It starts and ends with the head coach. I thought Bobinski was a basketball guy? He truly was a worthless pos.

• Like Like x 1