Why we stink!

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by OldGold1968, Dec 22, 2018.

1. The Gus

The Gus Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Wanna be good in Big-Time College Basketball? JUST FOLLOW THE UNC MODEL:

From the other day - Roy Williams reacting to his 8-year contract extension from UNC...

Roy Williams: "I'm grateful and humbled in the University's continued faith in my leadership of the basketball program," Williams said in a statement through the school.

The Gus: Not bad for a guy who had the following happen (quite a bit - but here is one example) under his (William's) watch - Raschad McCants also told "Outside the Lines" that he even made the dean's list in the spring of 2005 despite not attending any of his four classes for which he received straight-A grades. He said advisers and tutors (Jan Boxill ran the program) who worked with the basketball program steered him to take the paper classes within the African-American Studies program. Note: Jan Boxill continued to run the African-American Studies program until she was forced to resign 10 years later in 2015 from the Chair of Faculty and Director of UNC’s Parr Center for Ethics!

You can't make this stuff up!?!?!? What a total abject disgrace of biblical proportions. Of course, this is NEVER MENTIONED on any broadcast. UNC is great - great basketball team - go Tar Holes.

F*CK 'EM ALL!

Oh, yes - MERRY XMAS to one and all.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. 79tech

79tech Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    atlanta
    Team:
    ga tech
    I think Hunter would have taken the job - and quite frankly I would like us to fire Pastner for "good cause" and hire Hunter. But regardless of Hunter, get rid of this clown and hire anybody - Corndog for coach.

3. 18in32

18in32 Puritan Wannabe

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I can live with that.
    [​IMG]