Will Bynum having a rough day it appears...

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Sad. I'm guessing that they actually need the money, which is by no means an excuse but is a stark reality that you don't normally think of when you think of professional athletes.

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
The list of institutions that everyone (well, most everyone) knows not to F with is pretty short. After Government institutions, insurance companies are in the next group right after the mafia and MS-13

No sympathy if you are that dumb/greedy.

RussianOffense

ROLL TIDE
From the Chicago Tribune:

Bynum, meanwhile, was accused of submitting false invoices from a chiropractor in Encino, California, that he in fact never visited. On Dec. 12, 2018, six days after the NBA health plan paid out his claim, Bynum paid Williams a $30,000 kickback, the indictment alleged.

Bynum graduated from Crane High School on Chicago’s West Side and played college basketball at the University of Arizona and Georgia Tech. After going undrafted in the 2005 NBA draft, he played for a series of professional teams, including the Golden State Warriors, Detroit Pistons and Boston Celtics.

Allen, who was Bynum’s teammate at Crane, was accused of submitting hundreds of thousands of dollars in fraudulent invoices from the same chiropractor, according to the indictment.
He's going to jail. I don't think it's sad. I think he should get extra time in jail for besmirching GT

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
The charges they submitted were so inflated that scrutiny was guaranteed. Then when the charges were audited they traced back to the same medical clinics. This was a confirmation that a lot of crooks are not very smart.

The Jacket

The Coat
From the Chicago Tribune:

He's going to jail. I don't think it's sad. I think he should get extra time in jail for besmirching GT
Yes. How will the NBA, their insurance partners, or your porcelain ego ever recover? Victimless crime or no, the man should never see the sky again and to be honest it is disgusting that taxpayer money will be used to feed him. If he needs nutrition so much, maybe he should have stolen some fresh fruit.

andrew

Yes. How will the NBA, their insurance partners, or your porcelain ego ever recover? Victimless crime or no, the man should never see the sky again and to be honest it is disgusting that taxpayer money will be used to feed him. If he needs nutrition so much, maybe he should have stolen some fresh fruit.
Insurance fraud is definitely not a victimless crime, just like free government healthcare is not really free. The money comes from somewhere in both cases.

Not saying he needs to be locked up for life or anything, but insurance fraud is not some sort of moral grey area. It is wrong.

RussianOffense

ROLL TIDE
Bynum made almost 20 mil in the NBA. That's 1/10th of what Steph Curry, the highest paid player in the NBA, has made salary-wise. Then he's going to scam the NBA for tens of grands extra? I guess he blew it all.

Hopefully he got his degree from GT

Vespidie

The Juice has Soured.
The charges they submitted were so inflated that scrutiny was guaranteed. Then when the charges were audited they traced back to the same medical clinics. This was a confirmation that a lot of crooks are not very smart.
Crooks just don't decide to become crooks. They've always been crooks. You're either a good person, or you're not.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Crooks just don't decide to become crooks. They've always been crooks. You're either a good person, or you're not.
If it's that simple, it should be pretty easy to round up all the bad people before they commit crimes.

Vespidie

The Juice has Soured.
If it's that simple, it should be pretty easy to round up all the bad people before they commit crimes.
I drilled into my kid’s heads when they were young that “You are who you hang with.” That was a pretty simple concept to understand, and it has proven to be true.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I drilled into my kid’s heads when they were young that “You are who you hang with.” That was a pretty simple concept to understand, and it has proven to be true.
Fortunately they weren't born crooks. Crooks have always been crooks.

andrew

Don't understand why that matters. It's not like they can just decide "Hey, I don't want to become a crook so I should hang out with better people." Crooks have always been crooks.

They're either good people or not, and no decision they make can affect that. Bad people are just bad people, even before they make a decision to start down a bad road. Right?

Last edited: