Will Chan Make Any

Big Buck

Flats Noob
staff changes at seasons end? It would seem to me that CG has his plate full just being the head MAN. I am aware that we could all name some very sucessful coaches that were coordinators as well.

I was recently listening to a sports show and they kicked this around somewhat with some pros and cons of the duties of the HC But the general concensus was that it is getting harder for the head man of a div. 1-a school to handle both. It was brought out that what made it so difficult was that the HC was more like an administrator of a major corporation
and that he had so many time constraint on him in addition to his duties of running his team.

There is a tremendous demand on his time speaking to alumni and TD clubs in addition to the time he has to make for the news media. The kind of work week that was thrown around would seem to me to be a sure prescription for burnout if the HC really dedicated the man hours to do justice to all the responsibilities which seem to fall under
his job title.

Some coaches seem to be better at delegating responsibilities than others. Hayden Frye for example was said to leave most of the x's and o's
to his coordinators. In fact he was quoted as saying that he hired his coordinators and then let them hire their own assistants and then if anything went amiss he held them responsible for any failures that may accrue. He was also quoted as saying that he was strong with people and in motivating and assessing their performance and had found that when people were shown that you trusted them that they would live up to expectations most of the time.

This program pointed out that the duties of a college had grown in the last ten years to the point that time demands on him were so much greater than most could imagine. Makes you wonder why anyone would want to work in a pressure cooker like that for any amount of monay.

Big Buck, I will be shocked if he does not make some changes at the end of the year. I am expecting more changes.

By the way, how do you feel?

Father Time

Ahso I am feeling somewhat better, thanks for asking. Will take a while to get my medicine adjusted.

Think he's liable to make some changes or he may be thinking what I'm thinking. It's not that the plan stinks, it's that the team is still on the rise. We've realistically got a ways to go yet before we're consistent. Learning everyday and gaining experience every week but still a few miles out.

On the other hand, he could replace a couple of coaches and establish a "real" OC. That'd be proactive and I'd support it 100%.

Either way I'm willing to see what CCG has in mind. At least through the UGAg game. Another piss poor effort there and I'm all for drastic measures.

Glad to have you back, Buck.

Back