Will Gailey Get The Time Ross Got?*

Do not think so coz of the way DB has ticked off supporters and the way clough has skerooed our own S/A's. They will have to CTA in some fashion unlike Rice had to. In some ways feel badly for CG but he is beeing paid MAJOR $ to produce. It has to happen quick.

SouthGa, it all depends on the rest of the season and the progress or non-progress of the season.

I do not think the same situation exists as when Ross came here. We have a segment of the fans who wants to get rid of Braine and Gailey. Actually, the desire to get rid of both by a segment of the fan base was evident prior to Gailey ever coaching his first down last year.

When you have that situation, the group is awaiting every possible opportunity to push their agenda. It makes it very difficult for the present coach to have the same chance as Ross. It may not be fair, but it appears to be the case.

If Gailey is not able to turn the tide with a reasonable record, I don't think he will choose to stay. He would probably look at the situation and act in the best interest of the school according to the backing he receives or does not receive.

Father Time

There is no way he get's 2 ACC o-fer's. Ross was a proven div 1 head coach and GT fans were accustomed to losing. They won't be so patient this time. For various reasons Braine has pissed off a bunch of fans. He will feel pressure to act quickly to save his own hide.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
SouthGa, it all depends on the rest of the season and the progress or non-progress of the season.

I do not think the same situation exists as when Ross came here. We have a segment of the fans who wants to get rid of Braine and Gailey. Actually, the desire to get rid of both by a segment of the fan base was evident prior to Gailey ever coaching his first down last year.

When you have that situation, the group is awaiting every possible opportunity to push their agenda. It makes it very difficult for the present coach to have the same chance as Ross. It may not be fair, but it appears to be the case.

If Gailey is not able to turn the tide with a reasonable record, I don't think he will choose to stay. He would probably look at the situation and act in the best interest of the school according to the backing he receives or does not receive.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Who are these people?

Who exactly is totally against Gailey?

Who exactly is against Braine?

You seem to be the expert, but you have never defined who it is. That seems weird!

BeeSerk, I have my article composed, but am holding it until I think the timing is right or appropriate.

Father Time

It depends on what happens this year. The 1988 team in Ross's second year could have eaily won 7 games. The UNC and Virginia games were given away. The Wake and Maryland games could have been won. If Gailey goes 4-8 but shows improvement late in year with a competitive showing against UGA, he will be back. However, a 3-9 or 2-10 showing with another bad loss against UGA and he's gone.

But techs, he's already won more in less tim than Ross. In fact, he won more last year then Ross did in two. You may want to change your criteria.

N.C. I think I know you and I think you know me even more. I speak only as one who is observing insolent, immature, non-football. "johnnie come lately", mentality. You know my heart, and you know I only meant to draw out the "rookies".

I know man, I'm with you.

For the record, the worst case of a team quitting on a coach that I've ever seen was Ross' second year. Those guys gave up and folded the tents.

We have a new mentality at Tech now and thats win at all cost. Some fans (I really don't think they are fans) would yell if you "hung them with a new rope" as we say out in Texas.

If Chan can keep the wheels from coming off the wagon and observable improvement is evident then I think he will return for another year. And of course if he returns for another year it is not out of the question that he could get things turned around and be here for a while, I surely hope so. I wonder if some of those that want to boot him out really have thought it out as far as the negative consequences. It will damage our image as well as completely kill another recruiting season and the good Lord knows we need some warm bodies as our depth is almost nonexistent at some positions as it is. Any new coach would be put in a position that it would take a couple of years to bring our program up to the level that we are today. We would not be an attractive school for any coach that has a proven background of success. I think we would be put in a position of taking an assistant which would be a big gamble or a mediocre retread that could be worse than what we have. I know we have some serious problems but i'm not sure how we should go about correcting this mess other than giving Chan a fair shot before we take the radical action of firing him. I certainly don't think we should entertain any notions about firing Chan until we first take care of the mess at the head of our AA. Just one man's opinion.

Originally posted by Big Buck:
I wonder if some of those that want to boot him out really have thought it out as far as the negative consequences.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB,

Your question misses the REAL question....

I wonder if those that wanted him in the first place really thought it out as far as the negative consequences?

We are reaping what NEVER should have been sewn. No one this board can say they are surprised because they were forewarned over and over again.

And no amount of lame excuses is going to change what is being allowed to happen to our beloved football program.

As the Grateful Dead sang "All a friend can say is ain't it a shame.".....

...a shame that should NEVER have been allowed to happen.

Bobby Ross was a proven college coach. He would not rest until he was successful. Our coach is proving every day that he is in so far over his head that he will never reach dry land. A BIG difference....that...very painfully....shows.

Well, Beeware, "it" did happen, didn't "it."

So why not tune in to the present and the future? What's your point in rehashing the same old crap? OldFoggy and I want to know.

beeware, your question is a very good one, but that should have been asked and answered two years ago. But the COLD HARD FACTS are that this is now and nothing will change what might have been. Not everyone is convinced that the powers that be made a mistake and only time will tell us for sure. I know you were disappointed that Mac didn't get the job and so was I but the reality is that we are where we are and decisions have to be made about what should be done to correct our problem, if anything. I am not among those that are antagonistic toward you but you have told us enough about your feelings that we are beginning to understand. Honesty compels me to say that some of the things that goes on during games puzzle me but if I knew what the coaches know maybe I would be in agreement. Anyway it is good that you are back and keeping us on our toes and in some cases forcing us to consider things that we would rather forget.

I answered this question in another thread a few weeks ago. The coaches before Chan were not about to experience an expanded ACC with the likes of VT and Miami coming in. Waiting could be tolerated to some degree. NOT ANY MORE, unless you want an 8-10 year rebuilding program, I DON'T!

This is NOT a wait and see any more. If we are to compete with what is already here and getting better, then add these two powerhouses ... you better be prepared sooner then later! I don't care what hit GT takes if they let Chan go after a couple of seasons, I'd rather take it now then later under these circumstances!

Good times will be passing this program bye, nevermind us as fans. I'm not 20 years old anymore and I'd like to see some great football at GT again before they wheel me in for the handicapped seats for my ONE GAME VISIT per year!!
shocked.gif

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
I answered this question in another thread a few weeks ago. The coaches before Chan were not about to experience an expanded ACC with the likes of VT and Miami coming in. Waiting could be tolerated to some degree. NOT ANY MORE, unless you want an 8-10 year rebuilding program, I DON'T!

This is NOT a wait and see any more. If we are to compete with what is already here and getting better, then add these two powerhouses ... you better be prepared sooner then later! I don't care what hit GT takes if they let Chan go after a couple of seasons, I'd rather take it now then later under these circumstances!

Good times will be passing this program bye, nevermind us as fans. I'm not 20 years old anymore and I'd like to see some great football at GT again before they wheel me in for the handicapped seats for my ONE GAME VISIT per year!!
shocked.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">WELL YOU DON'T COUNT!!!!!!!
I don't care what hits GT take now I SAY KEEP the COACH!!!!!
rolleyes.gif

Back