will the dome be ready on 9/4......

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?

Dome will be ready. NFL has already set their schedules for preseason games. I think Gary Stoken said that the interior prep is going just fine. And that the issues with the roof won't delay the opening for any of the football games that are scheduled.

The question is really for Atlanta United and what they are going to do. I'm pretty sure they won't be allowed to use BDS instead, since we will be protecting the turf by that point.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Tennessee vs GT on the soccer fields at Piedmont Park.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Just wait until the walkways start buckling or some crackhead sends a luxury box up in flames.
That'll be during the final home playoff game of the Falcons next undefeated season. The game will be canceled for safety reasons while we're down a single point in the third quarter, effectively extending the championship drought for our pro teams by a quarter of a million years.

The Jacket

The Coat
That'll be during the final home playoff game of the Falcons next undefeated season. The game will be canceled for safety reasons while we're down a single point in the third quarter, effectively extending the championship drought for our pro teams by a quarter of a million years.
See, most people may look at this post and think "silly and pessimistic." I'm trying to figure out how to convince you I won't betray your trust if you share your time machine with me.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Dome will be ready. NFL has already set their schedules for preseason games. I think Gary Stoken said that the interior prep is going just fine. And that the issues with the roof won't delay the opening for any of the football games that are scheduled.

The question is really for Atlanta United and what they are going to do. I'm pretty sure they won't be allowed to use BDS instead, since we will be protecting the turf by that point.
I agree but by the same token they also said that the Dome would be ready for Atlanta United at the end of July and that the previous delays would not affect that. Turned out to not be true...

Would be interesting to know if there is any type of contingency plan for Chick-Fil-A Kickoff should the new stadium not be ready for whatever reason.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I agree but by the same token they also said that the Dome would be ready for Atlanta United at the end of July and that the previous delays would not affect that. Turned out to not be true...

Would be interesting to know if there is any type of contingency plan for Chick-Fil-A Kickoff should the new stadium not be ready for whatever reason.
Failure is not an option.

The Jacket

The Coat
I legitimately have no idea how plausible this is but: if it started looking like that may be a possibility, wouldn't the city of Atlanta try to lend a hand somehow to get it done? Seems like if the United games already had to be relocated, by the time you get to the Chick-Fil-A Kickoff you're talking about Atlanta losing a decent chunk of change. I have no idea what they could/would even do, this just seems like a ööööfest all around.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Even if Megatron's asshole remains closed, aren't there 3 other pro stadiums in Atlanta? Then you have GT and KSU with stadiums as well.

clapper

Dodd-Like
AUFC sent STHs an email yesterday saying that the 7/30 game is rescheduled for BDS on 7/29. They are postponing the other two early/mid-August games to a date TBD at MBS later in the season.

The Jacket

The Coat
AUFC sent STHs an email yesterday saying that the 7/30 game is rescheduled for BDS on 7/29. They are postponing the other two early/mid-August games to a date TBD at MBS later in the season.
That should help a bit with the fans who were/are pissed about paying for a certain number of games at MBS only to be told they'll be relegated to some college stadium or worse.

jacket67

Dodd-Like
Has anyone noticed how the opening in the top has quietly shrunk from the original artist renditions? Was it really worth a billion dollars to end up with a swimming pool sized hole in the top of the stadium?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Has anyone noticed how the opening in the top has quietly shrunk from the original artist renditions? Was it really worth a billion dollars to end up with a swimming pool sized hole in the top of the stadium?

Seems like an awfully complicated way to open a roof with a lot of potential places to leak - especially as the stadium ages. I know they are opening it that way for the "wow" effect, but once you see it that will pretty much be the end of the "wow" effect