Will there be a staff shake up and if there is going to be....

TeamBuzz

Varsity Lurker
why not do it now before the bowl game and the heavy recruiting perios? My personal thoughts is that means BOB will be back next year since nothing has happend.

Thoughts??

Here's to recruiting!
drinking.gif

I think the strategy is the same as it was last year before the bowl game. Let's concentrate on the bowl game and let the players concentrate on playing football.

All the other items will probably be ironed out after the bowl game.

wink.gif

FWIW, most of our staff departures in the past have come [bold]after[/bold] the bowl games, in early Jan, in the heart of recruiting season.

See Marrone leaving right after Gator Bowl (and us losing Shane Olivea to Ohio State), Cassula to Mich St a few years ago, Hixon to LSU and Saban's staff (although this one might have been announced before the bowl)

I would think that BOB would be looking to go to the NFL from here - if so, that really wouldn't start getting hot until the new openings and staffs got in motion after the season. (Jan again). Same with Tenuta.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't think we can glean anything yet wrt staff changes, for better or for worse.

All IMO, of course.

When is the NCAA coaches convention? Seems most coaching moves are right after that.

I guess my thought process is why would a coach (like BOB who if it is the case he and Gailey don't see eye to eye)be on the recruting trail talking ot players he doesn't plan on coaching and preparing the team for a game that would be his last. Seems it would be better to make changes, at least from a HC perspective, before the bowl game and during this important recruitng time.

Oh well, I guess none of us really knows whats going on!

TeamBuzz, I think your last sentence is probably the correct one, we really don't know what is going on.

Is Nix the recruiting coordinator? If so, he is probably more involved with the recruiting this year than O'Brien. Seems at this point, placing Nix as the Recruiting Coordinator was a good move.

wink.gif

I would like to think the bowl game will have some impact on leaving/going decisions among the coaching staff. IF Tech beats FSU like a drum, I for one will support Gailey staying for another season. Below Gailey, the Head Coach should make those calls, which I would then support.

IF FSU, beats Tech like a drum, then I will say I told you so....
wink.gif

Back