law_bee

Dodd-Like
1112_large.jpg

GT in the NATIONAL SPOTLIGHT in FOOTBALL

We'll be there. Sting 'em Bilbo!

I still have that issue.

I doubt it. William has come and gone.
wink.gif

As far as seeing a GT player on the front of SI, I'm sure we'll see others. Hang on! It's a great ride.

Go Jackets!!

Heck yes, we just need what everyone else that is successful in College Football has to have: Supportive Administation and a quality coaching staff. Question is do we have these at this moment. Personally I don't think so but if it is proven over time that we don't I do think we will make changes that will have been long over due.

Oh how I hope so, but not until we get a running back and o-line that can kick ass the way that wonderful 1990 team did, right now, we don't have it. Hollings was great while he lasted but now appears more of a fluke.

The current coaching staff does not have the same philosophy for winning (remember Ross when he was HC at Maryland chasing down the ref after a UMD loss to argue his point?).

Originally posted by statelinejacket:
Heck yes, we just need what everyone else that is successful in College Football has to have: Supportive Administation and a quality coaching staff. Question is do we have these at this moment. Personally I don't think so but if it is proven over time that we don't I do think we will make changes that will have been long over due.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Agree with your analysis.

Goldtoof: I sure remember the situation you spoke of and I wrote to B.Ross of same when he was in the valley of despair; mentioning that he did not have to "prove himself a good coach; for he had already done so". He later mentioned my letter(in a tv interview) as being one of the few encouraging words he had received during his down time.
State;ine: YOu say: College Football has to have: "Supportive Administation and a quality coaching staff. Question is do we have these at this moment. Personally I don't think so but if it is proven over time that we don't I do think we will make changes that will have been long over due." I agree : in addition to this,
I personally hope that proper changes will be made: regardless. TECH CAN DO!!!!!!!! Also, I would be less than courageous or honest to express my hope and declare that this staff just may be a pleasant surprise in the months ahead. God knows I hope and pray for this. In my personal opinion there are some real questioable spots and Chances against this! But, who knows, it may just happen. If I said I was content and happy, I would be lying; but if "MIRACLES" were to happen in the next several months........we would all be happy!!! I have no doubt of this.

Not with Chan Gailey has our head coach. We're much closer to the B--- L---- era I'm afraid. Let's pray that we are quick to make the change and get back to a winning program. One that recruits the type of players necessary to compete as a Southern Football Program and keeps those on the hill where they belong,...dealing with reseach grants, academic issues, etc,...and as far away from the football program as they can get.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Driver: with you all the way. I just hope that a "miracle happens" along the way. I, as you am for abosolute superiority and excellence (sp.)
We will know in a just few short weeks!!!!!!!! After that, I am cetain that we will be happier or ready to "bite nails". If the lattter is the case; rest assured more changes will be made and rapidly !!!

JJacket, you're right on!! Bilbo has got that much potential to get us and himself there! Now I know a lot has to go right and be proven, but he DOES have that much physical raw ability.

Back