will we get kenny scott?

certx55

Varsity Lurker
***Disclaimer*** This post is for entertainment purposes only....It is based on information culled from interviews and websites...and my own speculation...

i thought id do a little breakdown on our chances with kenny scott...first what i feel is our biggest obstacle...florida state

Florida State...CB committments

Ryan Gilliam....4 star player...teammates with antonio cromartie
Jhermaine McAroy....4 star player...just committed this week which could move scott down as a priority

Florida State....on their board

Antonio CromartieFL...5 star DB/WR...is from Tallahassee....hasnt declared a leader..will probably announce on signing day
Chijioke OnyenegechaKS...5 star JUCO...down to Oklahoma and Florida State...will decide on signing day
Kenny ScottFL....we know his deal
Michael HintonVA...3 star prep schooler...offered by FSU verbally but not in writing...visits on 1/31...wide open

This is a position of need for Florida State since they signed 0 CB last year...they could sign as many as 4...2 of their big 3 (Cromartie, Scott, Onyenegecha) will announce on signing day so look for bowden to try to put the clamp down on kenny

Tennessee...Committments

RoShaun FellowsAR....3 star DB

Tennessee....on the board

Kenny ScottFL...we know the deal
Jon HefneySC...3 star DB...Tennessee leads
Marcus ClaytonFL....3 star DB...Iowa leads, Tennessee coming on strong...
Lionel GreenCA....3 star JUCO...UNC leads...will visit TN on 1/31

Tennessee....recently off their board

Reynaldo Hill...4 star JUCO committed to FL

Tennesse signed no "true" cover corners last year...I think they want 3 this year...they have Fellows and i think they'll get Hefney....since Hill JUST went off their board look for them to try to turn the heat up on Scott and Marcus Clayton...lets hope Clayton can be swayed...

Florida Gators....Committments

Dee Webb....5 star CB
Reynaldo Hill...4 star JUCO

Florida Gators....on the board

Antonio Cromartie....5 star CB/WR...claims no leader
Kenny Scott...we know his deal
Miguel Scott....3 star CB....claims no leader...Florida in top 4

Florida picked up 3 CB committments last year but known of them are considered "shut down" CBs..They did, however, pick up 2 so far this year in Webb and Hill...they may or may not look to bring in 1 more

Notre Dame...committments

Isiah Gardner...3 star CB

Notre Dame...on the board

Kenny Scott....we know his deal

Notre Dame is another team that hasnt signed a corner last year...and they have seemingly few options left this year....Scott is the only one i could find....nonetheless id be surprised if he choose to go there...

Craigs Anaylsis:Florida State and Tennessee are really dangerous here...Both need CBs and both are considered great closers...FSUs secondary was a major weakness last year and im sure Bowden will try to sell that as early playing time....Tennessee has few options left at this point and Scott is the highest rated CB they are pursuing (by far)...With the committment of Hill 2 days ago I dont think Scott is as much of a "need" for Florida, although they would certainly take him if they can get him....Notre Dame, i think, is a longshot at this point....

In short i think it will come down to FSU, Tennessee and Georgia Tech....of course we already knew that but with this post you can keep an eye out to see if any of these players commit...if they do, Scott either moves down the board for them, or off the board altogether...

PS...if you have anything to add or need to correct something...feel free to post it

Good analysis. Looks like our main competition will be Tennessee and Florida. Florida State seems to have fallen off his leader board. I have a bad feeling Tennessee really impressed him the most. Tech and Florida State seemed to be the clear leaders until the Tennessee visit. One thing we have going for us is that we seem to have been in his top 3 all alnong, while Tenn is more of a newcomer on his leaderboard.

Also Tech commit Newberry is good friends with Kenny!! Come Leeshawn bring him in with you.

Originally posted by Arkansas Jacket Fan:
Good analysis. Looks like our main competition will be Tennessee and Florida. Florida State seems to have fallen off his leader board. I have a bad feeling Tennessee really impressed him the most. Tech and Florida State seemed to be the clear leaders until the Tennessee visit. One thing we have going for us is that we seem to have been in his top 3 all alnong, while Tenn is more of a newcomer on his leaderboard.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">FWIW, Scott did call GT his leader after his TN visit before he went to FL. FL also just got a verbal from a top Juco DB.

I'm not saying we get Scott. Feel this is a real battle. We'll find out week from today when he announces.

Thank you certx55 for the work put into your post and the info! Nice job. Appreciated!

GO Jackets!

ha looks like i was wrong about FSU being our #1 competition...warchant thought they would get him just 2 days ago....just goes to show you nothing is set in stone regarding recruiting

Back