With The 2023 Team Making Tech A Competitor Again …

GoldenIsle

Flats Noob
and a 5-4, 4-2 record, I hope our next home game will have a significant increase of fannies in the seats. I realize an opponent from the NE will not bring the fans that one of our natural, geographical opponents would bring, but I certainly hope that the stadium will be mostly full except for the upper north stands. If I had to put a number on it I hope we have 45k+ … but first things first … beat the alley cats.

If we beat Clemson, we will easily have 45k.

Beat both Clemson and Syracuse and the wick gets turned up on UGAg
We had 36k for unc at homecoming with about 6-7k unc fans, maybe more. Syracuse may bring 1k, so we'd have to have roughly a 50% increase in GT fans there to get to 45k. Would love to see it happen, but a nice solid 35k would be a damn miracle.

and a 5-4, 4-2 record, I hope our next home game will have a significant increase of fannies in the seats. I realize an opponent from the NE will not bring the fans that one of our natural, geographical opponents would bring, but I certainly hope that the stadium will be mostly full except for the upper north stands. If I had to put a number on it I hope we have 45k+ … but first things first … beat the alley cats.
What really helps is having an entertaining product and the offense has been entertaining the past couple games. People will want to see it.

What really helps is having an entertaining product and the offense has been entertaining the past couple games. People will want to see it.
A little over a year ago I’d wander into Bobby Dodd and the few fans present would want to vomit watching the clown crap. My how things have changed. It didn’t take the biggest turnaround ever in the history of organized sports either.

A little over a year ago I’d wander into Bobby Dodd and the few fans present would want to vomit watching the clown crap. My how things have changed. It didn’t take the biggest turnaround ever in the history of organized sports either.
I'm afraid it has taken the biggest turnaround in the history of organized sports. Clown had turned us into Vandy. Thank you Coach Key! Lets go beat Clemson!

I'm afraid it has taken the biggest turnaround in the history of organized sports. Clown had turned us into Vandy. Thank you Coach Key! Lets go beat Clemson!
You are correct, sir. It is a huge turnaround, I should have used the word rebuild. We just needed a coach. Looks like we got one. Nice to walk around work and GT football is no longer laughed about. Got a bunch of "where the hell was that team hiding" and "what got into you guys" yesterday at work. Damn sight better than people just shaking their heads and looking away or laughing about how pathetic we'd become.

Big test this week. We'll see what kind of team we really have if we can measure up and play a close game maybe even do the unthinkable, win a season's worth of games in a row!

Tough to gain fans within a season. Winning will eventually pay off but I wouldn't get your hopes up for the 'Cuse game.

Get to a bowl, have gtaa do some good marketing/outreach, and we should start seeing the payoff next season.

It wasn’t that big of a turnaround. Key had the team go from a multi-year .250 win rate to .500 win rate with two top 25 wins in 2022.

We all knew we had the talent for a 6 or 7 win team every season from 2019-2022. Clown just under performed and blamed it on CPJ.

Tough to gain fans within a season. Winning will eventually pay off but I wouldn't get your hopes up for the 'Cuse game.

Get to a bowl, have gtaa do some good marketing/outreach, and we should start seeing the payoff next season.
So, I'm a fourth generation, lifetime, hard line fan of Tech Athletics and football most of all. I went to every Tech-uga game from 1984-2018, and have lived 500 miles from Atlanta since 1999. I also would make the trip to football games 2 or 3 times a season additionally. I could not make the 2019 game due to a family medical emergency, and the next game I attended was 2021 at Notre Dame. I swore off making the effort under the clown, because it was just not worth it. I still watched every excruciating moment of every game under the clown. We would be getting our a** kicked, and he would be on the sideline smiling. Under Coach Key, I've seen a complete change in the effort and the fight of our team. I'm not saying everything is perfect, but I feel like we are building towards something formidable for the first time in 4 or 5 years. At any rate, the reason I'm responding to this post is to say that I'm flying back for Clean Old Fashioned Hate. Tech will not gain any fans by my return, but we will gain 4 Tech fans in the seats, which is not a lot, but I suspect that there are lots more than just me that are excited to make the effort again. LET'S GO TECH, LET'S BEAT CLEMSON!

Back