With the three conferences left, ACC, Big 12, and sec

I wouldn‘t mind seeing all the schools redo their schedules and play maybe 5 or 6 conference games and the remaining games against the other conference teams. We could keep OFH alive and play a couple of Big 12 schools. Just an opinion.

I don’t think they would do this. The whole point of going conference-only was to have uniform COVID procedure/regulations and schedule flexibility.

I would not be at all surprised to see some intersectional games now that there are only 3 conferences +2 teams left. Why the heck not? The TV money would be ridiculous and I think fans from all conferences would watch it. Pump crowd noise in - put cardboard cutouts in the stands! Let get this thing going! Besides, B1G and PAC12 fans weren't going to see any football even if their dumb conferences played anyway - might as well watch some real football from the ACC and SEC.

The next too-early-to-speculate topic will be bowl games. I’d be surprised if any bowls want to reschedule to spring but it could happen. The ones with SEC and ACC tie-ins would have a hard time doing that, and the Xmas/New Years holidays are easier to sell TV time.

The next too-early-to-speculate topic will be bowl games. I’d be surprised if any bowls want to reschedule to spring but it could happen. The ones with SEC and ACC tie-ins would have a hard time doing that, and the Xmas/New Years holidays are easier to sell TV time.
Well, state governors might force some to move to spring. Looking at you Rose Bowl. Most bowls I assume would prefer a "bird-in-hand" sub .500 matchup over hoping for a premier PAC-BIG matchup in the spring. OSU fans are certain the "postponement to spring" is lying and there will be no 2020 season. I expect they are correct.

With no/almost no interconference, 2020 bowl season is gonna get billed as the battle of the conferences. Nobody cares about 2-8 Arkansas vs 3-7 Syracuse normally, but in an ACC-SEC-B12 challenge scenario people might actually tune in.

Y’all are missing the point. The SEC is still and always posturing for two teams in the final four. They would never play out of conference, or if they do UGA will be playing Kansas while GT plays Oklahoma.

If the Peach Bowl aint COFH, then they are idiots. Ain't gonna be a playoff this year.

I'll be pleased as punch to get whatever football we can get this Fall but it would have been awesome for them to forego conference only and instead come up with a regional schedule to limit travel distance. Could have made for some great rekindling of old rivalries. Obviously GT would benefit by perhaps getting to play AU, Tennessee, Bama, etc. But there could have been some cool Big 8 matchups getting Arkansas, LSU and aTm back playing Texas, OU, etc.

I can't see a sanctioned CFP without 2 of the P5, though I don't know the makeup of the committee. I could see an unofficial championship game for a poll based championship. If not, every undefeated claims a natty, I guess.

Unless, of course, the dwags win the SEC which guarantees yet another National Title for the ACC.

Y’all are missing the point. The SEC is still and always posturing for two teams in the final four. They would never play out of conference, or if they do UGA will be playing Kansas while GT plays Oklahoma.
They’ll be clamoring for 3 or 4 spots this year.

All this quote is missing is one of Spurrier’s patented digs at UGA. “You could take the Atlantic and Coastal winners in the ACC and put them against the top two teams in the SEC West, since, until my alma-mater rights the ship, there are no teams in the East capable of competing at the highest level, even though one school over there seems to recruit well every year, they can’t win the big one ... what was it, 2nd and 26 or something?”

I wonder if this could lead to any further conference realignment. I haven’t reviewed the B1G grant of rights or conference agreements, but say that OSU and Nebraska really want to play football. Does the conference decision allow them to get out of the conference and take their tv rights with them as a non-breaching party to the contract? Surely the ACC and SEC would be arms wide open to take those schools in as permanent members and it would collapse B1G.

I wonder if this could lead to any further conference realignment. I haven’t reviewed the B1G grant of rights or conference agreements, but say that OSU and Nebraska really want to play football. Does the conference decision allow them to get out of the conference and take their tv rights with them as a non-breaching party to the contract? Surely the ACC and SEC would be arms wide open to take those schools in as permanent members and it would collapse B1G.
Dont hold your breath on the B1G collapsing

Back